Archived Topic

Game Prediction

by Cougarpoke · 11/9/2009

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
Generally I do not predict the score for other teams, nor really care much about a certain team that wears puke red. But this week is a very big week for the MWC. it is big because college game day is featuring another MWC matchup, and big because TCU may be able to help the conference out in a big way. So, I say we predict the score of this week's biggest conference game. I say TCU is the best defense I have seen this year. They shut BYU down and made us look pretty silly (I also consider BYU to be a very good offensive team). TCU offense, although not generally known for its dominance, has been very good this year. PUktah on the other hand, has not impressed me as much. They struggled mightily against Wyoming and to this point have not shown me (the expert that I am) they are a top 15 team. So, with all that, I say TCU runs away and teaches the pukes a lesson in pain.



TCU 32 - Pukes 7
C
cachevalleycougar
TCU 31

Utah 14



TCU's offense is too multi-dimensional for Utah to contain them. Utah's offense has relied too much on Wide's rushing and WRs breaking 5 yard throws into 60 yard TDs. TCU will give Utah neither.
L
Lawboy
Considering that the vaunted Ute O hung a whopping 13 on TCU in SLC last year, I expect less this year. combine that with the fact that the Ute O is quite bad in the red zone, and I see field goals in their near future.



TCU 34

Utah 12
B
BYUROCKS
TCU 52 Utah 7
S
SpiffCoug
I don't see this game as being close.



Utah 10

TCU 42
Advertisement
G
gmj81
I hope TCU blows them away by 50. I think they will win by a sizeable margin but it might not be by as much as they beat BYU.



I have to wonder if TCU will finally be able to fill their stadium, you know, them being the #4 team and all. Shoot, if lived in northeast Texas, even if I wasn't a Frog fan, I would want to go just to see a game between two top-tier teams. Also, I would start to think about becoming a Frog fan. What they do with what they have in comparison to the state's other top programs is amazing. I know that it seems like every Texan is either a fan of the Horns or the Aggies, but in a metro the size of Dallas-Fort Worth, you'd think there would be enough interest around to at least fill their medium-sized stadium.



With a healthy crowd advantage, like BYU and the pukes enjoy at home, I see no reason why the Frogs won't absolutely demolish the pukes, especially with the rook under center. Couple that with the revenge factor from losing to the lesser team last year in SLC and I say the Frogs win quite comfortably.



Final score: Yewtah 13 TCU 45
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
I have to wonder if TCU will finally be able to fill their stadium, you know, them being the #4 team and all.
The game is sold out.



TCU 28, Utah 10
C
cachevalleycougar
While I think TCU wins this one handily, it would be better for BYU for it to come down to the wire with TCU winning. If Utah gets blown out, they'll probably drop out of the Top25 and likely won't be ranked when we play them. If they lose by 3 points, they'll remain ranked - probably low 20s.
G
gmj81
I thought about the same thing momentarily, but since a higher ranked Yewtah won't do anything for BYU anyway, I'd rather have the best scenario benefit TCU. I demonstrated in another thread that TCU will almost certainly rise to #3 before hitting their ceiling, that is at least in the computer rankings. But with a big win over another top 15 team (pukes) they could just maybe jump the longhorns should the burnt orange not have as dominating showings in their remaining three against weak competition. Unlikely, but who knows what will sway the pollsters.
K
Kbear
Horned frogs poison Utards

35-0 :utard:
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I hope that Utah gets crushed, falls from the rankings and never returns to the top-25, ever. :evil:
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
I hope that Utah gets crushed, falls from the rankings and never returns to the top-25, ever. :evil:
Seconded.



Air Force can be the 3rd-best MWC team every season from here on out.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
I hope that Utah gets crushed, falls from the rankings and never returns to the top-25, ever. :evil:
Seconded.



Air Force can be the 3rd-best MWC team every season from here on out.


BSU?
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
Air Force can be the 3rd-best MWC team every season from here on out.
BSU?

They can be 2nd best! :D
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.