Archived Topic

New Baseball Coach Needs to be the Murph

by snoscythe · 5/28/2012

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I think Dale Murphy would fit right in with the Bronco/Rose/Holmoe mindset and could attract some much needed media attention back to the diamond. Imagine if the baseball team could fill in some of the gap between hoops and football with a bit more excellence.



Tom Holmoe--since you browse these boards so often--make this happen or I will cut you off.
S
SpiffCoug
What if BYU were to get really radical with their baseball program and buy into a minor league like they did with the soccer team? Become affiliated with some team. There are some good LDS players out there.



What if Bryce Harper had a chance to play for an LDS minor league team for a season?
S
scott715
It would hurt our commisioner cup score. In baseball it would not work I don't think. We could not draft any players or pay enough to get good players. We couldn only get free agents. Harper played one year at his communmity college because high school was too easy. Then got drafted after his high school graduation.

Now I wish the soccer team was NCAA to help or cup score.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.