Archived Topic

Yewt fans can deny it all they want

by KingCoug · 5/26/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
But the fact is, Kryle and the U sees the BYU rivalry as a tough, emotional, risky game that they'd rather not play. They figure their PAC-12 schedule is tough enough and want their remaining games to be pretty easy, except for maybe a future annual game with the Big Ten.





Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is still leaning toward ending the Utah-BYU series

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/utah-coach-kyle-whittingham-still-leaning-toward-ending-212919796.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
V
vancouvercougar
If I were K Whitt, I wouldn't want to play BYU either.
C
Cougarbib
vancouvercougar wrote:
If I were K Whitt, I wouldn't want to play BYU either.


I totally agree. This is the unfortunate state of college football. The formula for success for teams in any BCS Conference - Big East and / or ACC may or may not become an exception - is



Play your conference games - you have no choice

Schedule OOC games at home most of the time - all of the time if you can pull it off with almost certainty of winning - frosted cup cakes

Rarely cross the state line - never OOC

Never cross time zones OOC

Bring the cupcakes in from as far away as you can sucker one to travel - it is easier to beat stale cake - fresh cup cakes can sneak up on you

Play to not lose

Have every team in the conference do the same thing

Then your conference looks strong - justifying a loss or two

Play for the NC



Utah is in one of those conferences. They would be foolish to play BYU straight up every season because they do not need to and have way more to lose than to gain by doing so.



But maybe we can goad the Utah Chickens into keeping the rivalry alive. It is a great game for fans and for college football. Ironically, USU and BYU might have to give 2 for 1 to keep playing the mighty Utah Chickens if the Chickens play it smart.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
I understand the rationale myself. What I don't like is the Yewt fans who don't acknowledge that, under the circumstances, Utah is afraid to play BYU. And any Yewt fan who replies, "54-10" basically goes to my point. If they're so dominant over us, they should have no problem continuing the rivalry.



But I guess I'm the one being unrealistic here. Expecting a Yewt fan to admit the above is as futile as expecting them to admit they got the PAC-12 invite, in large measure, to anti-LDS bias in that liberal conference.
G
Guest
Yes, the utes are cowards, liars, and unethical. The funny thing is that it hurts them not to play us as most years they won't have more than one nationally televised game, which they would get at BYU.
Advertisement
C
cougman
hawkwing wrote:
Yes, the utes are cowards, liars, and unethical. The funny thing is that it hurts them not to play us as most years they won't have more than one nationally televised game, which they would get at BYU.


I agree with your first sentence. It is however, silly to think that they fear us. Nothing in the past decade would suggest that we incite fear in them. I'm pretty sure none of our victory margins have exceeded 7 points whereas they've given us a handful of drubbings. That coupled with the fact that they can lose all the games they want outside of their conference and still get to the Rose Bowl sorta reinforces my position. But yes, they are cowards, liars and unethical. And they're fat.
M
MTM
cougman wrote:
And they're fat.


Now that's just mean!
S
SpiffCoug
cougman wrote:
Yes, the utes are cowards, liars, and unethical.


I agree with your first sentence. It is however, silly to think that they fear us. Nothing in the past decade would suggest that we incite fear in them. I'm pretty sure none of our victory margins have exceeded 7 points whereas they've given us a handful of drubbings. That coupled with the fact that they can lose all the games they want outside of their conference and still get to the Rose Bowl sorta reinforces my position. But yes, they are cowards, liars and unethical. And they're fat.

So how are they cowards but not afraid of us?
C
Cougs_Rule
Ironic thread. Most of you want the game for some respect building. Utah wants out because it is risky. The game is NOT TOO risky, mind you, just risky. We have become little brother, a bothersome, risky brother. A risk they no longer have to take. A risk we also would no longer take if we had the luxury to do so if we were in the Big 12 and had one of our OOC games mandated against another BCS conf. That leaves two games for patsy wins.

I'm not defending the Utes, just the rationale we would use in the same position.

As cougman said, they aren't afraid of us. What have we done in the last 8 years? But we are risky. LaVel had Coach Mac's number. Kylie has Bronco's. Wish it wasn't so, but the record suggests it is.
D
Ddawg
MTM wrote:
And they're fat.


Now that's just mean!


:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: 8) ;)
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
cougman wrote:

I agree with your first sentence. It is however, silly to think that they fear us. Nothing in the past decade would suggest that we incite fear in them. I'm pretty sure none of our victory margins have exceeded 7 points whereas they've given us a handful of drubbings. That coupled with the fact that they can lose all the games they want outside of their conference and still get to the Rose Bowl sorta reinforces my position. But yes, they are cowards, liars and unethical. And they're fat.


The Yewts do fear playing BYU under the circumstances. They feel the risk isn't worth the reward.
G
Guest
4 to 3 is such a commanding lead. I can see why the Utes have no need to fear us.
C
cougman
SpiffCoug wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Yes, the utes are cowards, liars, and unethical.


I agree with your first sentence. It is however, silly to think that they fear us. Nothing in the past decade would suggest that we incite fear in them. I'm pretty sure none of our victory margins have exceeded 7 points whereas they've given us a handful of drubbings. That coupled with the fact that they can lose all the games they want outside of their conference and still get to the Rose Bowl sorta reinforces my position. But yes, they are cowards, liars and unethical. And they're fat.

So how are they cowards but not afraid of us?


Some of their fans are cowards. :whistle:
M
Mars


I think they worry about losing 6 games in a season, and BYU potentially handing them a 7th loss. The 12pac loses its luster if you are no longer eligible to play in a bowl game.
U
UVACoug
I am just disappointed and a little disgusted that Kyle, who has been more intimately involved with this rivalry than almost anyone in history (with the possible exception of Lavell), would so quickly and abruptly destroy it. He has done a lot of things that have bugged me, but I have always respected him as a former BYU player. What he is doing to the rivalry, and the impact it will have on BYU's future, is disgusting. Especially when he has made statements in the past in support of continuing the game annualy. I have lost a lot of respect for hm. If anyone knows the importance of this game, it is him.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
UVACoug wrote:
I am just disappointed and a little disgusted that Kyle, who has been more intimately involved with this rivalry than almost anyone in history (with the possible exception of Lavell), would so quickly and abruptly destroy it. He has done a lot of things that have bugged me, but I have always respected him as a former BYU player. What he is doing to the rivalry, and the impact it will have on BYU's future, is disgusting. Especially when he has made statements in the past in support of continuing the game annualy. I have lost a lot of respect for hm. If anyone knows the importance of this game, it is him.


I wonder how much pressure the PAC12 places on the :utard: to avoid scheduling BYU?
K
KingCoug
UVACoug wrote:
I am just disappointed and a little disgusted that Kyle, who has been more intimately involved with this rivalry than almost anyone in history (with the possible exception of Lavell), would so quickly and abruptly destroy it. He has done a lot of things that have bugged me, but I have always respected him as a former BYU player. What he is doing to the rivalry, and the impact it will have on BYU's future, is disgusting. Especially when he has made statements in the past in support of continuing the game annualy. I have lost a lot of respect for hm. If anyone knows the importance of this game, it is him.


I lost all respect for Kyle when he signed on with the U to begin with. He's a traitor. So this latest stunt shouldn't surprise anyone. The guy is a Yewt through and through. As far as I'm concerned, it's as if he never was a Cougar.
U
Ungoy
Kryle is BYU's shining example of a son of perdition... Once he stood for all things BYU, and now, I really, truly think he hates all things BYU. There's no blue left in him. I've written him off completely. He really has become a jerk (at least as far as BYU is concerned). Like Urban, he shows no respect for BYU at all. He's not even close to the level of a Ron McBride, whom I actually respected. He respected BYU and he respected Lavell. Kryle respects neither the school, or Bronco, and like KingCoug said, it's as if he never was a Cougar. He's all yewt.
U
Ungoy
This is the year BYU absolutely needs to lay the wood on Utah. If this is to be the last game in the series, then BYU needs to trounce them. We need to stroll into the Rice Chex, and embarrass them. I'm talking dropping 70 on them like back in '89. BYU needs to stomp them, into the ground, and then stomp them again before they can get up. If this is going to be the last game, I want it to leave a bitter taste in the mouths of all :utard: that will never subside. No mercy. I hope Bronco shelves all of his normal sportsmanship toward other teams just for this one game. Destroy them, demoralize them, and embarrass them. Then forget about them.
V
vancouvercougar
Ungoy wrote:
This is the year BYU absolutely needs to lay the wood on Utah. If this is to be the last game in the series, then BYU needs to trounce them. We need to stroll into the Rice Chex, and embarrass them. I'm talking dropping 70 on them like back in '89. BYU needs to stomp them, into the ground, and then stomp them again before they can get up. If this is going to be the last game, I want it to leave a bitter taste in the mouths of all :utard: that will never subside. No mercy. I hope Bronco shelves all of his normal sportsmanship toward other teams just for this one game. Destroy them, demoralize them, and embarrass them. Then forget about them.


I love that thought. Trounce them & forget them.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.