Archived Topic

Strategies for 10-20-12

by lrey · 5/25/2012

Advertisement
L
lrey
This year I am planning on going to the Notre Dame game. My wife grew up Catholic and has had two uncles play quarterback for Notre Dame. We have catholic family in Chicago area, Fighting Irish Fans, and will make our yearly road trip visiting them and Touchdown Jesus.



Question number one:



Any strategies for getting tickets? The cheapest I am seeing on Stub Hub or eBay is $150 per ticket in bad seats. Should I try Notre Dame's or BYU's ticket office, wait to see if either team has some losses in hopes that ticket prices go down, or if I wait and both teams do well will ticket prices increase? Is there scalping outside the stadium? Or is anyone on Cougar Corner connected whom I can purchase 2-4 tickets from?



Question number two:



IF the tickets end up costing this much, do I suggest to my wife and sister-in-law, who really are not sports fans at all, that they stay home and visit while I take my bro-in-law to the game and try to get to know him better.



Hopeful for advice or suggestions.
C
Cougarbib
From my experience, you have a better chance of meeting the Pope outside the stadium than finding a ticket to a Notre Dame game. Definitely try to get your tickets through BYU - but even that should be a challenge.



Buy early and buy often. Unless ND fans have changed since I lived in Chicago 25 years ago - there are no fickle ND fans.



Ok - it has been 25 years. I have changed. My wife has changed. The kids all grew up. Grandchildren came and some have become teenagers.



Maybe there are 2-4 fickle ND fans - and The Pope is getting older and less accessible.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Can't help but quip in response to Bib's comments about likelihood of getting tickets:



Is a bear Catholic and does the Pope do-do in the woods?
C
Cougarbib
Forgot to answer question 2. Have the Ladies look for the Pope and the Bear at a local day spa - or really get them out of your hair and send them to Chicago shopping and Spa.



This will be way too good a game. You will not want to be distracted by a wife who would rather be somewhere else.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y12
Vividseats.com is another place you could check.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
South Bend is a dump. Don't make more than a day of that town (not a single decent restaurant or hotel). Stay in Chicago and drive up etc.



I would check ebay on a regular basis. I got my tickets to the last Notre Dame BYU game there really cheap and they were great seats. They were sold by faculty members that apparently weren't enthused with BYU or the state of the Notre Dame program at the time.
B
BoiseBYU
Is it politically incorrect to suggest you throw a hail Mary?
L
lrey
An update.



I am glad I did not purchase Notre dame tickets earlier this summer. Prices have fallen by half since then. Ebay, vivid seats and others have seats starting from $80.



I was pricing seats ebay, stub hub, and vivid, but did not pull the trigger. The next day I received a email from vivid seats for $40 off any purchase over 400. I bit the bullet and purchased six tickets in an upper endzone area. After shipping and service fees it came to under $90 a ticket.



BYU beating Manti Teo and Notre Dame in Southbend PRICELESS.



I wonder why ticket prices have fallen. Do the Notre Dame faithful feel less confident about their season. Less confident that BYU will provide them a exciting game with bowl game implications?



I wonder what the ticket costs for NM State game will be. Trying to decide if I should support a fellow independent program. Does anyone have change for a dollar?
G
Guest
I'll see you at the game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
imuakahuku
lrey wrote:
An update.



I am glad I did not purchase Notre dame tickets earlier this summer. Prices have fallen by half since then. Ebay, vivid seats and others have seats starting from $80.



I was pricing seats ebay, stub hub, and vivid, but did not pull the trigger. The next day I received a email from vivid seats for $40 off any purchase over 400. I bit the bullet and purchased six tickets in an upper endzone area. After shipping and service fees it came to under $90 a ticket.



BYU beating Manti Teo and Notre Dame in Southbend PRICELESS.



I wonder why ticket prices have fallen. Do the Notre Dame faithful feel less confident about their season. Less confident that BYU will provide them a exciting game with bowl game implications?



I wonder what the ticket costs for NM State game will be. Trying to decide if I should support a fellow independent program. Does anyone have change for a dollar?


Can you send quarters through the mail to buy tickets for the NM st. game?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.