Archived Topic

Greatest BYU QB Ever

by Cougarbib · 5/21/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Well there could be many ways to measure this and possibly even some serious debate. For most fans, McMahon, Young, or Detmer would top their list.



When it was announced in Church today that a General Authority named Elder Nielsen from Houston Texas would be speaking at the Stake Conference coming about June 23 and that he has asked for a special meeting with the Youth and Young Single Adults - taking that in the context of football as a fifth priority - and yet he still played in the NFL - and was a successful sports broadcaster, iirc. And a family man - and a General Authority - perhaps if the question was tweaked to ask which BYU QB turned out to be the best man - maybe we have another contender for greatness.



I am traveling almost constantly, but hope to be in Southwest Las Vegas for that Stake Conference.



Maybe one or two of my young single adult sons can make it to town that weekend. My youngest son will enter the MTC on August 1st headed for the Texas, Houston Mission. He is in Corpus Christi right now selling Burglar Alarms and not scheduled to be back in time for stake conference. Maybe he will be blessed to Meet Elder Nielsen in Houston some day.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Well there could be many ways to measure this and possibly even some serious debate. For most fans, McMahon, Young, or Detmer would top their list.



When it was announced in Church today that a General Authority named Elder Nielsen from Houston Texas would be speaking at the Stake Conference coming about June 23 and that he has asked for a special meeting with the Youth and Young Single Adults - taking that in the context of football as a fifth priority - and yet he still played in the NFL - and was a successful sports broadcaster, iirc. And a family man - and a General Authority - perhaps if the question was tweaked to ask which BYU QB turned out to be the best man - maybe we have another contender for greatness.



I am traveling almost constantly, but hope to be in Southwest Las Vegas for that Stake Conference.



Maybe one or two of my young single adult sons can make it to town that weekend. My youngest son will enter the MTC on August 1st headed for the Texas, Houston Mission. He is in Corpus Christi right now selling Burglar Alarms and not scheduled to be back in time for stake conference. Maybe he will be blessed to Meet Elder Nielsen in Houston some day.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bibster: that is my stake you're attending. Did you move into our stake? If so, welcome to town. Being familiar with your posting on this board, I can surmise that you moved into one of the Pahrump wards ;)
C
Cougarbib
Still figuring out what is what and where is where here in Las Vegas and I have been bouncing between Hawaii, Ventura County - Oxnard and Moorpark, Orange County, las Vegas, and soon - Utah with my wife also sneaking in a visit to Redding.



So there have only been a few Bibster sightings in Las Vegas. And, when I used some Church website to tell me what Ward I was in, it told me West Oquendo SP so I went early that morning only to discover that I live on the dividing line - but on the wrong side of that street.



So I went to the right Ward later that day, but remembered the time wrong when I came back to town, so my wife and I attended the last part of our block and then pulled out for Sacrament Meeting at 2:00 in yet another ward in the same building.



There are 4 wards in that building. It is a beautiful new and large building on Buffalo just North of West Windmill.



I actually have a very distant relative in Pahrump - by marriage - so someone did actually suggest that I quickly rent some mobile home on that parcel when I made the quick change in plans and moved to Nevada. I have never been to Pahrump - but I get the sense that there is not much over there.



People keep telling me that Summerlin or Henderson are the only places I should consider buying. I am renting now. I found a new Condo that would take my Irish Setter and jumped on it. The places I looked at in Henderson or Summerlin that were reasonably new either did not allow pets or had 25 pound size restrictions.



I looked in Henderson first. But was in a time crunch and did not see much that excited me about the place - but I knew that with time and a realtor - that there was something there my quick drive by missed. My wife took our Irish Setter to a dog park in Henderson I had found on the Internet and stumbled into a neighborhood of mansions so big, she said she would not want to buy there because they were so massive - 5 car garages, etc. So, as I expected and had heard - Henderson has much more than what I saw in 2 hours or less.



I really liked what I saw in Summerlin in the 4-6 hours I spent there - but dog rules ruled out apartments there.



So a very nice apartment manager in Summerlin area took the apartment book and marked the pages where a place would take my sweet 47 1/2 pound Irish Setter and that we're reasonably new and in safe neighborhoods.



I hope to be able to be in Las Vegas more than a week here and there by July or August and then will do some house hunting.



So any recommendations would be welcomed. And - if we meanwhile decide that being at the crossroads of So. Cal, Utah, and Phoenix is a nice concept but in a practical sense still too far from our family - we will either move to California or Utah.



Go Cougs



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.