Archived Topic

Cooper Bateman to AL

by byucougar1 · 5/16/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Gurney tweeted that he committed to AL today. Thought the Y went hard after him and that Doman had a good connection. Is this situation like the Chase Hansen case where there are too many QBs in the hopper?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
http://www.deseretnews.com/m/article/765576436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seemed to always be looking out of state.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CrimsonCoug
Anyone know if he has/had mission plans?
M
MTM
CrimsonCoug wrote:
Anyone know if he has/had mission plans?


He's not LDS so I doubt it.
C
CrimsonCoug
Good to know; thanks. That makes losing out on him more palatable.
Advertisement
M
MTM
I work with him mom and I was just talking to her about it.



She said she could tell by the look on his face as soon as they drove onto campus last month.
C
Cougarbib
MTM wrote:
I work with him mom and I was just talking to her about it.



She said she could tell by the look on his face as soon as they drove onto campus last month.


If not BYU - he should have at least tried to get on a team with a winning record Vs the Utes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I work with him mom and I was just talking to her about it.



She said she could tell by the look on his face as soon as they drove onto campus last month.


If not BYU - he should have at least tried to get on a team with a winning record Vs the Utes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Makes even more sense that he did look at BYU very hard.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I don't recall this kid's name at all. I don't think BYU went after him all that hard.
D
Ddawg
MTM wrote:
I work with him mom and I was just talking to her about it.



She said she could tell by the look on his face as soon as they drove onto campus last month.


Dang! You have the scoop. It's hard for ANY school to compete with Alabama. There are just a handful of of elite programs than can compete "head to head" with Alabama. BYU is not one of them.



Bronco has it right - anyone that comes to BYU comes because they WANT to come to BYU. It's a hard loss. I was hoping - but - the Cougs will drive on. I wish Copper well. Success!
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
AL is not known for it's passing game but it's running backs and smash mouth OL. The QB role is to manage the clock, wear down the D, and avoid turnovers. Hope he enjoys handing the ball off to other high profile RBs cause they aren't going to change their philosophy.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MTM
I don't think Utah or BYU ever had a real chance at him.



If Utah had a miniscule chance it went out the door with Norm Chow.



I hope his HS season goes well. He plays at Cottonwood and they've had several coaching staff issues the past month or so.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.