Archived Topic

Thanks for keeping it positive here

by Lawboy · 5/6/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I do read and post on other forums. I guess I just love BYU football. But this board, and its posters, are not as cynical and intentionally argumentative about things. Differences of opinion occur, but things rarely get dicey or overly personal.



And as to Bronco and staff and their families, I appreciate how things get handled. Legit issues get touched on with coaching or recruiting, but it does not get personal, nor should it. Ever.



Let's hope we can keep it that way.
F
Florwood
Agreed.
B
BYUgeezer
Yes I agree. In fact I finally signed off one of the other boards because I couldn't take the character assassination going on. Got far to negative for me. More to life than trying to find someone or something to blame all the time.
K
KingCoug
There's a way to be realistic and not put on the blue goggles, while at the same time not slitting one's wrists and jumping off the cliff. Plus, as I've said a hundred times, the format on Cougarboard sucks.
B
BoiseBYU
Lawboy wrote:
I do read and post on other forums. I guess I just love BYU football. But this board, and its posters, are not as cynical and intentionally argumentative about things. Differences of opinion occur, but things rarely get dicey or overly personal.



And as to Bronco and staff and their families, I appreciate how things get handled. Legit issues get touched on with coaching or recruiting, but it does not get personal, nor should it. Ever.



Let's hope we can keep it that way.

Totally disagree.....Just joshing. Classy posters and classy moderators make for a good site
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
now would be a great time to recruit over from CB.



Get every single one of the posters who are "Taking a break" and send them a link. much like we were recruited from the other CB
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
I do read and post on other forums. I guess I just love BYU football. But this board, and its posters, are not as cynical and intentionally argumentative about things. Differences of opinion occur, but things rarely get dicey or overly personal.



And as to Bronco and staff and their families, I appreciate how things get handled. Legit issues get touched on with coaching or recruiting, but it does not get personal, nor should it. Ever.



Let's hope we can keep it that way.


You are so dumb. and so is Bronco. :crazy:
Y
Y12
Very well spoken.



I greatly enjoy the refreshing difference here on CC.



Many times I have posted ideas here expecting to get beat up like I have elsewhere only to find that people here really read and process information.



Not everyone always agrees, but the percentage is much higher. Much like the civility.
C
Cougarbib
Troll



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
jonnylingo wrote:
I do read and post on other forums. I guess I just love BYU football. But this board, and its posters, are not as cynical and intentionally argumentative about things. Differences of opinion occur, but things rarely get dicey or overly personal.



And as to Bronco and staff and their families, I appreciate how things get handled. Legit issues get touched on with coaching or recruiting, but it does not get personal, nor should it. Ever.



Let's hope we can keep it that way.


You are so dumb. and so is Bronco. :crazy:


Ha! :lol: :D :lol: :D ;)
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I check out other BYU Cougar sites on occaision; but this is the only one I post on; and it is the only one I check regularly. The format is great, the posters seem like friends, and this site kind of feels like home.



Thanks to all of you whose contributions make cougarcorner a fun place to visit and share a common passion for BYU sports.
C
CrimsonCoug
KingCoug wrote:
There's a way to be realistic and not put on the blue goggles, while at the same time not slitting one's wrists and jumping off the cliff. Plus, as I've said a hundred times, the format on Cougarboard sucks.


I absolutely agree with everything here. Except that bit about the blue goggles. :crazy: --->
K
Kbear
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:
V
vancouvercougar
Kbear wrote:
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:


If you are browsing this board, you must be a very smart girl.
G
Guest
vancouvercougar wrote:
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:


If you are browsing this board, you must be a very smart girl.


I agree. We're very lucky to have a certain class of BYU fan here, a class that isn't matched by anyone else.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Kbear wrote:
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:


If you are browsing this board, you must be a very smart girl.


I agree. We're very lucky to have a certain class of BYU fan here, a class that isn't matched by anyone else.


Class of 1972, I presume.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Cougarbib2 wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:


If you are browsing this board, you must be a very smart girl.


I agree. We're very lucky to have a certain class of BYU fan here, a class that isn't matched by anyone else.


Class of 1972, I presume.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


No body could THAT old! :lol:
A
ABYUFAN
Cougarbib2 wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:


If you are browsing this board, you must be a very smart girl.


I agree. We're very lucky to have a certain class of BYU fan here, a class that isn't matched by anyone else.


Class of 1972, I presume.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Hey! I could have been in your class*















*If I had graduated when I was three years old :P
S
scott715
Class of 1986 myself
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Kbear wrote:
I used to browse the other boards but it was a total waste of time for me. If I want to know the scoop, have in depth analysis, or a good laugh, I come here 8) I know I will always be treated with respect here. Even if I am a dumb girl :lol:


If you are browsing this board, you must be a very smart girl.


I agree. We're very lucky to have a certain class of BYU fan here, a class that isn't matched by anyone else.


Class of 1972, I presume.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


No body could THAT old! :lol:


I graduated in 3 years and did not go on a mission - so I may be the youngest member of the entire class of 1972. Wow - that made me feel younger just to get that down on paper.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.