Archived Topic

Biggest Win Ever?

by Metallicat · 11/8/2009

Advertisement
M
Metallicat
After the OU game there were a lot of fans on CB, TBS, Deepshades etc saying that was the biggest win in school history. I held firm that the Holiday Bowl win over Michigan was the biggest win ever. Now that the sooners lost again,(what are they 5-4?) how many people still think that was the biggest win ever?
C
CAFB_04-12
At the time it felt big. And I think if OU has Bradford they win more games this year.



The win against Miami was probably better in the sense that Miami finished in the top 10 that year I think.



Of course, the 1984 Holiday Bowl brought the iron, so that probably gets my vote.
I
Iceman
Of course, the 1984 Michigan win has to be the biggest. 2nd has to be Miami. Remember, they came in here ranked #1, and the defending national champs. The loss dropped them severely, but they clawed back into the top 10. Oklahoma was #3, and may not make it back into the top 10.
S
Schmoe
The Michigan game was huge in that it solidified our NC, but it was the culmination of an entire season. In terms of a single win against the most talented and respected opponent we've ever played, I'd say the Miami game was far and away the biggest win for our program.
S
snoscythe
The Oklahoma game had the potential to be the biggest win ever, and it certainly felt like it for two weeks. After the FSU and TCU games though, it will probably go down as one of the biggest wasted opportunities in BYU history.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.