Archived Topic

Miami Dolphins Sign Brown

by Gunk · 4/19/2012

Advertisement
G
Gunk
Les Brown, brother of BYU Cougar Braden Brown, signed with the Miami Dolphins. Wow! Not a single down of college football and he's off to the NFL. Granted, it did take him some serious training. We should send all our players over to Hawaii for the same "boot camp" Les went to.



http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201204/accountant-play-football-miami-dolphins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D
Ddawg
Good for him. He must be one helluva athlete! That's an impressive accomplishment. I wish him well.
N
nuk13
Do we have a tight end that can be trained to this level? Are our coaches and players missing something? How many players on the team now could beat his 4.43 40?



It appears that BYU could get to the next level by taking hints from both Browns.
G
Guest
nuk13 wrote:
Do we have a tight end that can be trained to this level? Are our coaches and players missing something? How many players on the team now could beat his 4.43 40?



It appears that BYU could get to the next level by taking hints from both Browns.


Student athletes could never train to the level that Les Brown did. Not and continue to perform the title student.
C
Cougs_Rule
Can't train that kind of speed and athleticism.
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
dmcougar wrote:
Can't train that kind of speed and athleticism.


Apparently you can.
C
Cougs_Rule
BerliNY wrote:
Can't train that kind of speed and athleticism.


Apparently you can.


That kid has always been fast and athletic. But he loved and chose hoops. Lebrun would be a super freak tight end. Bt he chose the right sport for him. This kid chose the right sport late for him. Yes, he bulked up in Hawaii and improved his time. And yes it seems our S and T coaches seem to train down some of our athletes in speed--as in ruin, but, Holt will never make it in the NFL. He is just too slow. Can he be effective in college? Sure. But he will never perform like a Pitta or Harlne. harlne's athleticism made up for a height shortage. Pitta had both and that's why he's pl aging in the NFL.
S
SpiffCoug
I wonder if he was training with Taekwondave to get so fast.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
I wonder if he was training with Taekwondave to get so fast.

lol. Great reference. Hopefully Taekwondave is doing well, wherever he is.



I just watched the story on this kid that KSL did. He turned himself into an impressive specimen. AND he did it in 3 months. I don't know why our RMs can't get it together quicker if BYU implemented a similar training strategy. Is BYU's S&C techniques obsolete?



Here's the link to KSL's story, worth watching.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20127017&nid=140&title=from-the-office-to-the-nfl-the-story-of-les-brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
Schmoe
BroncoBot wrote:
I wonder if he was training with Taekwondave to get so fast.

lol. Great reference. Hopefully Taekwondave is doing well, wherever he is.



I just watched the story on this kid that KSL did. He turned himself into an impressive specimen. AND he did it in 3 months. I don't know why our RMs can't get it together quicker if BYU implemented a similar training strategy. Is BYU's S&C techniques obsolete?



Here's the link to KSL's story, worth watching.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20127017&nid=140&title=from-the-office-to-the-nfl-the-story-of-les-brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Probably because our RMs don't have all-day everyday for a three-month bootcamp only focusing on football.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
I wonder if he was training with Taekwondave to get so fast.

lol. Great reference. Hopefully Taekwondave is doing well, wherever he is.



I just watched the story on this kid that KSL did. He turned himself into an impressive specimen. AND he did it in 3 months. I don't know why our RMs can't get it together quicker if BYU implemented a similar training strategy. Is BYU's S&C techniques obsolete?



Here's the link to KSL's story, worth watching.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20127017&nid=140&title=from-the-office-to-the-nfl-the-story-of-les-brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Probably because our RMs don't have all-day everyday for a three-month bootcamp only focusing on football.

Then my next question is, why not?
S
Schmoe
BroncoBot wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
I wonder if he was training with Taekwondave to get so fast.

lol. Great reference. Hopefully Taekwondave is doing well, wherever he is.



I just watched the story on this kid that KSL did. He turned himself into an impressive specimen. AND he did it in 3 months. I don't know why our RMs can't get it together quicker if BYU implemented a similar training strategy. Is BYU's S&C techniques obsolete?



Here's the link to KSL's story, worth watching.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20127017&nid=140&title=from-the-office-to-the-nfl-the-story-of-les-brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Probably because our RMs don't have all-day everyday for a three-month bootcamp only focusing on football.

Then my next question is, why not?


Life, school, NCAA rules and regulations, etc. etc. etc.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
I wonder if he was training with Taekwondave to get so fast.

lol. Great reference. Hopefully Taekwondave is doing well, wherever he is.



I just watched the story on this kid that KSL did. He turned himself into an impressive specimen. AND he did it in 3 months. I don't know why our RMs can't get it together quicker if BYU implemented a similar training strategy. Is BYU's S&C techniques obsolete?



Here's the link to KSL's story, worth watching.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20127017&nid=140&title=from-the-office-to-the-nfl-the-story-of-les-brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Probably because our RMs don't have all-day everyday for a three-month bootcamp only focusing on football.

Then my next question is, why not?


Life, school, NCAA rules and regulations, etc. etc. etc.

And for the RMs it's more like:

Dating, marriage, kids, mission reunions,life, school, NCAA rules etc. etc. etc.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.