Archived Topic

Friday the 13th - Sports Superstitions

by hawkwing · 4/13/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
So today is Friday the 13th. I thought it might be fun to talk about some of our sports superstitions.



I've pretty much given up on superstitions now, but only a few years ago, I had a certain pair of socks that I felt I had to wear on BYU game day or the Cougars would lose.



Back in the final seasons of LaVell Edwards I thought it gave the Cougars a boost if I would buy a Sensuous Sandwich before the game.



What current or past sports superstitions do you have?
B
byucougar1
Crowning a player a superstar/can't miss status before he plays a down - almost always jinxes the chances for success.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
Portland Trail Blazers drafting a big man in the first round will be injured and rarely play.



oops that one is reality not superstition.
V
vancouvercougar
I have a Blue BYU hat that I wear in the first half of the game. If the cougars are leading at the half, I keep it on--if they are behind at the half I switch to the White BYU hat. It works most of the time.
C
Cougarbib
I have a BYU window flag - tattered and torn - that I have taken to many games and draped in honor in the living room while watching games on TV. It has gotten misplaced somewhere here in Hawaii and may show up as I pack for the move - probably explains BYU's spotty performance as of late. I will find it or get a new one this next season.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.