Archived Topic

Rose Taking a Page from Bronco

by byucougar1 · 4/12/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/53901599-65/think-guys-byu-position.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"I think experience can really improve us," Rose said. "I think these guys in their repetitions and their skill development [can improve]. I think conditioning is a real issue in shooting. I think we need to be in better condition. But the time and repetitions they get in, knowing what it is like -- you can't facilitate that in a guy's mind, and say, 'OK, here's the pressures of the season,' until they have already been through it.



Another way is to challenge them. We will do that, and then we will bring in other guys who, from their skill set, their strength, is to be pretty good shooters. So we will try all three of those things to try to figure out a way to improve our shooting.



We still want to pay inside-out. I think if we can improve our perimeter shooting and become more consistent from the perimeter, our inside guys can be even more effective than they were this year."



Seems like they both are taking a new page out of the conditioning, repetitions and consistency book. Look forward to seeing improved pressure defense and better shooting.
G
Gunk
Rose is dealing with a team comprised mostly of newbies. Conditioning, being ready for game time and the long haul was a new thing for 80 percent of his players.



In Bronco's case, he has a team full of seniors and his ventrans are showing up fat and out of shape and play slow during the regular season only to show up at NFL tryouts faster, stronger and leaner.



I think Bronco has a different problem than Rose. Rose's teams are typically very well conditioned. He just had a bunch of rookies this year.
M
Mars


If our big 3 problems this year were:



1. 3-point shooting.

2. 3-point defense.

3. Assist-to-turnover ration.



Then both of these guys help answer both of those questions.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.