Archived Topic

Poinsettia Bowl - possible matchups

by byucougar1 · 4/12/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
We most likely will be playing the conference champ if we don't make it to a BCS invite.

I actually think this is a better venue than last year (love yhe weather and setting) and would love to play some of our old foes and remind them who ruled the roost back in the day.



Possible opponents could be BSU (rematch from earlier game in season) or AF, SDSU, NV, CSU.



MOUNTAIN WEST

2012 Conference:



Air Force

Boise St.

Colorado St.

Fresno St.

Hawaii

Nevada

New Mexico

San Diego St.

UNLV

Wyoming



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Doesn't they champ go to LV? then we would get the 2nd place team.
L
Lawboy
Yes, LV Bowl gets MWC #1. Poinsettia would be #2 at best.



Probably expect to see SDSU. Bronco vs. Rocky. In SD.
G
Guest
Lawboy wrote:
Yes, LV Bowl gets MWC #1. Poinsettia would be #2 at best.



Probably expect to see SDSU. Bronco vs. Rocky. In SD.

At least BYU would have the home field crowd advantage.
B
byucougar1
This bowl has a success at making money - good location, and good following/attendance by BYU fans. If SDSU, it most likely will be a sell out. Interesting match-up of Rocky vs Bronco (sounds like a WWF or boxing match).
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
After the last round of realignment, it could als be dubbed the Vitriol Bowl. No love lost between BYU and SDSU, that is certain. I;d love to kick their trash again.



And I would also love for local SLC radio to try to get that assoc AD on air again to defend her comments. She won;t, but I bet they try if it happens. That would be fun.
Y
Y12
I would HATE a rematch with BSU, regardless of the outcome of the first game. NO REMATCHES. That rules out Hawaii as well.



I don't think I want to face AFA in a bowl. They have a pretty good tract record.



Nevada of Fresno would be my choice. Stick it to them for trying to spoil the move to independence.
C
CrimsonCoug
Lawboy wrote:
And I would also love for local SLC radio to try to get that assoc AD on air again to defend her comments. She won;t, but I bet they try if it happens. That would be fun.


I thought I followed that kerfuffle with the replay booth in 2010 pretty closely, but I don't remember any comments by a female assoc AD at SDSU. Whud she say? Got a link?
S
Schmoe
CrimsonCoug wrote:
And I would also love for local SLC radio to try to get that assoc AD on air again to defend her comments. She won;t, but I bet they try if it happens. That would be fun.


I thought I followed that kerfuffle with the replay booth in 2010 pretty closely, but I don't remember any comments by a female assoc AD at SDSU. Whud she say? Got a link?


When SDSU was desperately trying to get into any other conference, the assoc. AD wrote emails to the Big XII about how terrible it was to be in a conference with BYU, etc.
C
Cougarbib
Y12 wrote:
I would HATE a rematch with BSU, regardless of the outcome of the first game. NO REMATCHES. That rules out Hawaii as well.



I don't think I want to face AFA in a bowl. They have a pretty good tract record.



Nevada of Fresno would be my choice. Stick it to them for trying to spoil the move to independence.


It seems to me they did us a favor. Would you really rather be in WAC for the other sports? Especially now that the MWC and C-USA out of necessity are decimating the WAC. We landed in a better place as a result of that little revolution. Send them a Thank You card.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I would HATE a rematch with BSU, regardless of the outcome of the first game. NO REMATCHES. That rules out Hawaii as well.



I don't think I want to face AFA in a bowl. They have a pretty good tract record.



Nevada of Fresno would be my choice. Stick it to them for trying to spoil the move to independence.


It seems to me they did us a favor. Would you really rather be in WAC for the other sports? Especially now that the MWC and C-USA out of necessity are decimating the WAC. We landed in a better place as a result of that little revolution. Send them a Thank You card.


Great point!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.