Archived Topic

NBA Playoff fixes...

by AmmonCougar1 · 4/12/2012

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
If I were in charge of the NBA playoffs I would make 2 changes the second I was given power:

1) Teams would be seeded 1-16 regardless of conference or division affiliation. I get sick of the balance of power drifting back and forth and undeserving teams getting a playoff spot because they are in a weak conference.



2) I would also change the format in the finals to 2-2-1-1-1. The 2-3-2 format is a ridiculous advantage for the home team.



That is all for now. Chime in with your changes or flaws in mine.



J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
Schmoe
The #1 seed gets to choose their opponent in the first round, then the #2 seed, etc. You don't HAVE to play vs. #8 (or #16 in your new scenario) if the match-up doesn't favor you.
A
AmmonCougar1
Schmoe wrote:
The #1 seed gets to choose their opponent in the first round, then the #2 seed, etc. You don't HAVE to play vs. #8 (or #16 in your new scenario) if the match-up doesn't favor you.




I like that. Let it continue until the conference finals too!
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
The #1 seed gets to choose their opponent in the first round, then the #2 seed, etc. You don't HAVE to play vs. #8 (or #16 in your new scenario) if the match-up doesn't favor you.

This is an idea that I have really liked for a couple years now. And it would make for one heck of an entertaining "Selection Show". Lots of added plot-lines and "they disrespected us!" comments.
S
Schmoe
Oh, also the resignation of David Stern. He's been the cause of a lot of playoff "fixes."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.