Archived Topic

a WR nightmare

by cachevalleycougar · 11/7/2009

Advertisement
C
cachevalleycougar
All I can say is that, as good as Riley is at running the ball, I'd hate to be a WR on his team. A quarter and a half of action today and not one completion?!? I think on the year, out of his 9 completions, almost all have gone to RBs or TEs. As soon as he gets past his first read or two, he tucks that ball and takes off, never taking another glance down the field. It's got to be frustrating to be out on the field with him.





And, yes, I did play WR.... :twisted:
G
Guest
cachevalleycougar wrote:
All I can say is that, as good as Riley is at running the ball, I'd hate to be a WR on his team. A quarter and a half of action today and not one completion?!? I think on the year, out of his 9 completions, almost all have gone to RBs or TEs. As soon as he gets past his first read or two, he tucks that ball and takes off, never taking another glance down the field. It's got to be frustrating to be out on the field with him.





And, yes, I did play WR.... :twisted:


That is the major point that makes me wonder if he will be our QB next year. There were several called passing plays, I think even the coaches want to see how he handles passing in-game situations, but he takes one look and then runs, the good thing is he does it successfully.
S
scott715
He did average 7 plus yards per run. But if he can't pass, he can't be the QB.
W
wazzucoug97
That was the only frustrating thing in the whole game... I kept thinking let him throw and then he would drop back and then tuck and run.... over and over.... and that pick was lucky to be called back.... I have to say that he needs some passing plays to give him some confidence cause he just looks like he doesn't have the presence to stand in their and make a big throw...... Yes he is a good runner though..... would almost rather see him as part of a trick play package.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.