Archived Topic

Time out Error Message

by scott715 · 4/4/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
I have been getting this message a lot lately when I try to post something. Do you know what the cause of it is?
G
Guest
Sure is annoying isn't it? I'm trying to figure it out.
M
Mars


Just got it. I was so mad I lit a random stranger on fire.




http://chandlersfantasyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/man-on-fire-233x300.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Do you have special powers? Are you a mutant? Better yet don't answer that.
G
Guest
They don't call him Mars for nothing.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Testing an immediate reply.
S
SpiffCoug
My test.
G
Guest
The issue appears to be that a period of time that takes more than 60 seconds to write a response results in the server mistakenly believing that the script has timed out. All settings are correct so this is an issue with the hosting server which I am attempting to get corrected with the hosting provider.



As a test you may want to write a post and wait 61 seconds and try to post, it shouldn't post after that time (if my theory is correct). If I'm wrong, I'd like to know that too.
S
scott715
This has been more than 60 seconds. And it got an error.
B
BoiseBYU
scott715 wrote:
This has been more than 60 seconds. And it got an error.


i just got the same message with my latest post. I clicked refresh and then it showed up twice....I now deleted one of them
Advertisement
G
Guest
trying again.
C
CougarClaw
I've also noticed that Safari is notorious for kicking me out when other browsers are more patient.



Related?



btw...i also got the kick out emailbut I have to hit submit before I hit 60 seconds! oh no!
S
scott715
This is starting to really frustrate me. Even to not posting to avoid the error. I am now writing my posts in Word and then copying and pasting to avoid the 60 seconds.



By the way it has been working and I get spell chekc too.



PS the typo was on purpose.



PPS I still got the error.
G
Guest
I didn't get the error and then I did.



The hosting company is a bunch of A** HOLES and refuse to help in anyway, even though I've clearly demonstrated that this is their problem. Still trying to figure something out.
G
Guest
Another test... Waiting a few minutes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.