Archived Topic

Top 10 Game winning TDs

by scott715 · 4/3/2012

Advertisement
B
BerliNY
So, without reading the link first, it's hard to know what counts a "game-winning" TD, i.e. any TD that proves to be the game winner, or a TD scored as time expires.



Ok, assuming a TD in the "final minute(s)" of the game that changes the lead, here's my guess (exercising enormous restraint right now to not cheat):

1. 80 Holiday Bowl

2. 83 Holiday Bowl

3. 84 Holiday Howl

4. 2006 Utah

5. 2009 Utah

6. 2011 Utah State

7. 2011 AF Bowl



Ok, I know there are others but that's the best I can do on 2 hours of sleep.
S
SpiffCoug
They didn't 1984 or 2001. Which I thought was surprising.
S
scott715
it was good to see that Harline was still open.
B
byucougar1
It was even better to see Riley in 2 of the top 10. Lest we forget, we still have him at QB for 2012.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Taking out my mission I think I've been to nearly every home game since 1990. For some reason the 1996 Texas A&M game always comes to mind when I think of game winning TD's. Maybe it's because my seats were better before the legacy club priced us out, or maybe it's because I was younger and more impressionable but that's as loud as I can remember the stadium ever being.
S
scott715
Hey, a thread that brings back good memories. I was at the Miracle bowl with my Stake President.
B
byucougar1
I was with my wife and a non-member friend / fiancee at Cowboy's Stadium when we beat OU. He claims that he witnessed a Mormon miracle, and it must have been the magic underwear that won the game. Although a TX alum, he loves the Cougs for beating Boomer Sooners. Almost a convert.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
byucougar1 wrote:
I was with my wife and a non-member friend / fiancee at Cowboy's Stadium when we beat OU.

Oh, I see. You're one of those people...



http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/04/10/timestopics/polygamy2_395.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
They said bring your wives to the EQ activity???



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
Y
Y12
SpiffCoug wrote:
They didn't 1984 or 2001. Which I thought was surprising.


I noticed the same. How do you leave out the 1984 Holiday Bowl, but include the 1999 Washington game?



How to you call the Unga 2007 TD "meh" but include it over Staley streaking down the sideline.



What about Doman in 2000 in LaVell's final game?

Why not Sark to KO in the Cotton Bowl? That game had a lot more riding on it than the Oklahoma game.
B
byucougar1
Good points - need to expand top 10 to a larger pool of game winning TD examples.
S
scott715
Or maybe we can make a better list and post it on Bleacher Report.
A
ABYUFAN
I'm not even sure that either of the 2 game winning touchdowns included from last year were the best of last year. I think that the Kyle Van Noy TD was better than either of the other two...
B
byucougar1
KVN's was dramatic but there was still 3 minutes to score - IMO we would have scored upon receipt of the punt return. Both Riley's TDs came with time running out and literally seconds remaining on the score board - he snapped victory from the jaws of defeat.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
byucougar1 wrote:
KVN's was dramatic but there was still 3 minutes to score - IMO we would have scored upon receipt of the punt return. Both Riley's TDs came with time running out and literally seconds remaining on the score board - he snapped victory from the jaws of defeat.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

And we're all certain that Jake Heaps could have led us down the field to actually score a touchdown in that situation why?



I'm currently of the opinion that KVN's touchdown WAS needed to win that game
S
SpiffCoug
Because Jake's PER in the 2nd half vs Ole Miss was 168.65. He was 13 of 16 for 151 yards. He seemed to have figured things out and led several relatively successful drives in the 2nd half. I was pretty confident we were going to score.
B
byucougar1
At the game surrounded by MS fans and they all were of the opinion that their team couldn't stop BYU from moving the ball up and down the field. It was just a matter of time before they punched it in or didn't self destruct. KVN's score just came in he most unexpected and dramatic way. A Heaps scoring drive to end the game would almost seem anti-climatic.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
davidwilliams
Why they ask for their wives to come EQ activity?? Is there something going t be happened special or any special training or guidness for them, could you please let me know any best idea or what ever you know.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.