Archived Topic

Gotta love the MTN

by Schmoe · 11/7/2009

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
In the postgame show today it was all "Ouch, what a tough loss for Wyoming" and "That was a tough one to watch." Hardly a two-second "BYU played REALLY well today." The MTN bias against BYU frustrates and bewilders me.
C
CAFB_04-12
Who mouthed the game for the Mtn? The dubious duo of Christensen and Bates?
C
cachevalleycougar
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Who mouthed the game for the Mtn? The dubious duo of Christensen and Bates?


Yep
Y
Y&Brit
also, week after week we play opponents the coach doesn't say anything good about BYU, at least Patterson is respectful of BYU, I couldn't believe what Rocky said or Christenson today
W
wazzucoug97
My 2 most annoyed MTN moments.... the rambling former coach Tiller interview and cutting away from the game to break down an Airforce/Army punt return :?



Even though watching a beat down like that is great... there is an element of boredom and the MTN amplifies it x10... no enthusiasm in the play callers and they about put me to sleep.



With that said GREAT JOB COUGARS!!!
Advertisement
B
bostoncoug
Favorite TC quote of the game..... referring to Logan as "altitudinally challenged" :?
I
Italics
You know that tv station ________ sucks whenever any time you see "Gotta Love _________" you assume that it must be a sarcastic statement.
M
Matty-B
My fave part of the broadcast is when this this screen went black for a moment, and then after that moment of suspense this really AWESOME MTN logo was displayed!!! Did you guys see it? It was blue, green, some white, and had shadowing and everything. I am so glad I missed moments of the game, it was well worth it. Please give me more of this. I hope there will be more pretty designs next week.

Also, i enjoyed the Line of Scrimmage and first down "lines" staying on screen and going through people's faces. No one else has the technology to do that.

Furthermore, I like how the MTN's cameras don't adjust to light and my screen is BLARING white in my face and I have to squint. Squinting rules. I <3 the MTN!!!!
Y
Yndian
Did anyone else listen to the KSL Postgame? It was the Whiny McCrypants show, with multiple callers/emailers complaining that the team hasn't won a national championship yet, and that Bronco and the players obviously despise the fans because they (Bronco and Co.) only criticize and never say anything positive about them (the fans). At least the mtn. people aren't necessarily supposed to be pro-BYU.
C
CAFB_04-12
Yeah, I got the feeling that too many fans are buying into the "win the National Championship" baloney and are upset it hasn't happened yet.



I also get the feeling that Bronco, and several players, hold a grudge against fans because of this. It comes out almost every time Bronco is asked about fan support of the team. It's too bad he continues to hold onto the booing he got his first year, the booing his punter got a few years later, and the disappointment of the fans when we get blown out twice in a row at home this year.



I'm 100% behind the coach and his methods. I've also bought into the expectations that Bronco himself has put forward (national championship). I'm also still excited that BYU has the chance to have three 10 win season in a row for the first time in team history.



This team is good. Next year's team will be good. We shouldn't boo our team. Our team should win every game. Our team won't win every game. It's okay if I'm disappointed when we get blown out at home.



On his coach's show, Bronco stated he thought the team was about "halfway there" in regards to his national championship goals. That sounds about right.



There is nothing bad to be found in a 52-0 win over Wyoming in Laramie in November.



That is all.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Oh, and by the way, I like the Mtn. Rather, I like watching BYU football on TV every week. Don't care much for The Todd. I like Bates though.



The End.
S
snoscythe
My favorite "How Tacky Are We?" moment(s): whenever BYU was kicking PATs, you'd get the endzone cam--normally the nets have the Allstate 'Good-hands,' but apparently not in Wyoming. BUT--right before the snap, the marketing geniuses at the mtn put the mtn circle logo right over the holder and kicker....as if I forgot what sub-standard-def channel I was watching and they wanted to remind me by covering up the 2 inches of screen I actually want to watch for those four seconds.



Can't wait to see this incompetence in HD the next three weeks.



Having said all that, I do love getting all of the games, and thing are getting better. They just need to fire some Mensas from their marketing staff who like to cover the kickers and put real estate signs on the first down lines.
S
Schmoe
I think that Bronco and the players appreciate most fans, but, as the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. It's like Bronco said, the football education level of the fans affects how they act and what he thinks of them. Those who think that they are somehow owed an NC from Bronco and BYU have entitlement issues and probably need to do more work in their lives.
W
wazzucoug97
Oh, I forgot to add that the little scoreboard graphic on the bottom corner often neglects to show the down and distance for a given play.... real annoying.... even during a blowout.



And since we are talkin' the radio broadcast and fan attitude.... I was listening to the pre-game show and they were interviewing a player (I think it was Bradley) and he mentioned that there was some attitudes with (some of) the team that they would rather play in front of the hostile opposing fans than the unappreciated home town fans (I paraphrased that.... my own interpretation of the interview).



During the TCU game, a part of me thought as there were boos and fans heading to the exits that the team and coaches needed to see the fan disappointment, if anything to know that 60k people were REALLY LET DOWN..... well as bad as that was I am feeling MUCH BETTER TODAY! :D
M
Mars


If it wasn't for the Mtn., the MWC women's soccer tournament wouldn't be aired on TV, I wouldn't know who Elizabeth Lambert is, and she wouldn't even have been suspended.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Mars wrote:


If it wasn't for the Mtn., the MWC women's soccer tournament wouldn't be aired on TV, I wouldn't know who Elizabeth Lambert is, and she wouldn't even have been suspended.

Hey, even Lambert got EPSN coverage! Heck, the viral video on YouTube was probably better publicity than the Mtn could ever give anyway.



I don't mind seeing the ads during the game. Yeah, they put them in pretty bad spots sometime. If that's what the Mtn needs to do to generate revenue and stay on the air then so be it. The first down line and down and distance graphics are pretty lousy, though, now that I finally have an HD experience (over the air ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX) to compare it with. And as far as camera work, today on FoxSports NW the camera man followed the wrong guy for a solid 20 seconds. So, it happens.



I'm willing to give the Mtn another 5-8 years to improve and impress. Anyone remember the first broadcast of CSTV? I believe it was a Stanford game in 2003. Pretty bad. As long as I continue to get BYU football on TV every week I'll be okay.
S
snoscythe
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I don't mind seeing the ads during the game. Yeah, they put them in pretty bad spots sometime. If that's what the Mtn needs to do to generate revenue and stay on the air then so be it.


I don't mind the money generating ads. Its the big circle that says "Mtn" that covers the hold and kick that bothers me. I'm pretty sure they're not paying themselves for advertising.
C
CAFB_04-12
Yeah, that would definitely be annoying! :)
C
cachevalleycougar
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I'm also still excited that BYU has the chance to have three 10 win season in a row for the first time in team history.


It will actually be 4 10-win seasons in a row (a first) and 3 by one QB (a first).



And I appreciate the MTN for what it is and hope it continue to improve. Could do without TC continually referring to BYU's DBs as diminutive every chance he gets, though.
C
CAFB_04-12
Good catch!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.