Archived Topic

Jamal Williams

by jonnylingo · 4/3/2012

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I am really excited to see how this kid does. It would be nice if we could red shirt him. I guess that would probably mean that our running backs that we have are doing the job. I saw his handle on twitter and the dude is ridiculously ripped for coming out of high school. He looks like he could be a real bruiser.
M
Mars


1- I think he'll immediately be the fastest running back on the team.



2- I'm not sure he'll make it two years at BYU.
B
BigCougsFan
Do you guys have his stats?



Kinda tough to look for them on my phone.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I'm not sure he'll make it two years at BYU.


We better not redshirt him.
L
Lawboy
Mars wrote:


1- I think he'll immediately be the fastest running back on the team.



2- I'm not sure he'll make it two years at BYU.


First off, I think he is only 17 when he enrolls in teh Fall. HE is a young kid that way, but physically mature.



Second, he comes from a religious family, and his mom loved BYU when he visited. He also made a comment after he made a visit to Utah saying something to the effect of "I need to see what their Honor Code is".



Third, BYU has better institutional programs in place to help African American kids adjust to BYU now also. They do not always work, but the programs are there.



I bet he redshirts, and I bet is contributes starting 2013.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
Could be the next Curtis Brown (not just on the field but off the field too).
B
byucougar1
He is a very physical runner that delivers punishment when being tackled. He runs a 4.5/40 so he has some good speed just not breakaway speed. He is also a north-south runner and doesn't dance around trying to make people miss. We resemble Unga/Alisa as an RB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:


1- I think he'll immediately be the fastest running back on the team.



2- I'm not sure he'll make it two years at BYU.


First off, I think he is only 17 when he enrolls in teh Fall. HE is a young kid that way, but physically mature.



Second, he comes from a religious family, and his mom loved BYU when he visited. He also made a comment after he made a visit to Utah saying something to the effect of "I need to see what their Honor Code is".



Third, BYU has better institutional programs in place to help African American kids adjust to BYU now also. They do not always work, but the programs are there.



I bet he redshirts, and I bet is contributes starting 2013.


Are you serious. That kid is only 17? Have you seen recent picks of him? He is huge! Check him out on twitter. I am really interested to see how he does in fall camp.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.