Archived Topic

New Uniforms?

by tmoney35 · 4/3/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
Snoscythe told us Nike was working on pro combat uniforms... Here they apparently are.
S
snoscythe
The Pro Combat has been in the works for a while. I don't know if this is the final product though---this powerpoint looks a bit raw for a final selection.
S
SpiffCoug
What about something like this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5284/5310457419_f02e853933.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1371.snc4/164297_10150131540210081_570495080_8087185_871438_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7278/6889395584_8c6bc62299_z.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
trueblue72
Just threw up in my mouth! Yuck!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
T
tww
If they were going for ugly, they did a really good job. Besides, black is such a lame color choice and over used by everyone lately. Not exactly trend setting. Might as well stick with dark navy.



If they are going to do something like this, I hope they find a designer that understands what colors and shapes look like under non-controlled lighting on TV from 50 yards away. Some stuff looks like it was never tested or thought through.



I like the arm stripe on the undershirt in Spiff's picture. However, the compound BYU logo concept doesn't work and I never have liked the cougar with sailor cap (sorry Schmoe). It looks like a cheap cartoon from the 30's. They could come up with something much cooler for special teams, like a posterized b&w front view, full face cougar head w/fangs. You could even skeletonize it.
I
imuakahuku
My question is "will it make my butt look big"?



How about bring back uni's from the 80's or early 90's? Nah that would be too classy and easy and as we have seen with Oregon, ugly is the new beauty-or at least Nike at least things so.
S
SpiffCoug
I always like the sailor cougar. I thought it would make a cool logo for the helmet on a precombat unit.
S
Stirfry
I'll take the 2009 Utah/Vegas bowl unis and then Spiff's 1st picture. The black ones would be terrible. I'd have to eat crow for making fun of the Utes wearing San Diego State's uniforms for their black out game each year.



I'd love to see us go back to Cougar Blue. The Aggie Blue we have now doesn't stand out at all in a crowd shot.
M
mizzoucoug
SpiffCoug wrote:
What about something like this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5284/5310457419_f02e853933.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1371.snc4/164297_10150131540210081_570495080_8087185_871438_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7278/6889395584_8c6bc62299_z.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The first rocks. The 2nd is okay. And the 3rd is butt ugly.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
mizzoucoug wrote:
What about something like this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5284/5310457419_f02e853933.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1371.snc4/164297_10150131540210081_570495080_8087185_871438_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7278/6889395584_8c6bc62299_z.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The first rocks. The 2nd is okay. And the 3rd is butt ugly.

Funny about tastes, I'd say the third one is may favorite, followed by the first, and then the second...
C
CougarClaw
Second is my favorite. Then the first one.



oh. by the way. Cougars are not sailors. They hop in streams, not oceans.

And anything with the sailor Coug gets a veto from me. I hate that thing.
J
jonnylingo
don't love the black ones. the other two are cool with the grey pants one being my favorite.



this crap is important to recruits. i hope these are not rumors and byu really will be wearing these uniforms.
G
Guest
Only the very ugly, plain black ones are (seemingly) actually legit. The other designs are just fan mockups.
S
SpiffCoug
That's too bad, because all three fan mockups are better than the seemingly legit ones.
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
No to all of the above.



Tradition. Spirit. Honor.



I mean, it's the first one, people! Come on!
M
mraven
Wow, I actually love the black ones in the first post. To each his own, I guess.
S
Schmoe
CougarClaw wrote:

oh. by the way. Cougars are not sailors. They hop in streams, not oceans.

And anything with the sailor Coug gets a veto from me. I hate that thing.


So, anyone wearing a baseball cap is a baseball player? Anyone wearing a cabbie hat drives a taxi? Anyone with a cowboy hat...err...ok, that one's probably true. :D
R
runbyu1
LOVE Spiff's #1 design---that is just SICK and looks intimidating!
I
Isola
I liked the throw back uni's a few years ago against Utah and Oregon State, but for the love of Pete, NO BLACK UNIs.



BYU would be the last one to the party. And black unis don't fit BYU. Black unis are guys trying to be bad-A's and that is just not BYU. Honestly it would be laughable to try.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.