B
byucougar1BYU football: Receivers catching on to Cahoon's vision, By Jeff Call, Deseret News, March 29, 2012
Cahoon was not satisfied with the overall performances from Hoffman and Apo.
"Neither met the expectations," he said. "Cody made some huge plays out there, as did Ross. But we didn't catch the ball like we need to. I think there was improvement as far as being in the right spot at the right time and running our routes, but there's already significant improvement there as well this year. If we can get where we need to be and catch the ball, then make our quarterback look like a hero, then we've done our job. We didn't do that to the level we needed to last year."
"If there's one guy that really exceeded or met my expectation, it would be JD last year."
The key to success according to BC:
"It's confidence. It's anticipation, being on the same page with the quarterback, knowing when the ball's going to arrive. But also it's just doing it enough that you're not thinking about it. If you're out there thinking, 'I need to catch this ball' or 'I hope I don't drop this ball,' then you're toast. It's just a confidence that comes from doing it over and over again, knowing that you want the ball. Just begging for that ball every single play. So it's a mindset which comes from confidence and repetitions and just making plays."
Again, like Doman, Ben is trying to raise the bar on expectations and seek constant improvement. Hope the guys respond and have an even better year.
Cahoon was not satisfied with the overall performances from Hoffman and Apo.
"Neither met the expectations," he said. "Cody made some huge plays out there, as did Ross. But we didn't catch the ball like we need to. I think there was improvement as far as being in the right spot at the right time and running our routes, but there's already significant improvement there as well this year. If we can get where we need to be and catch the ball, then make our quarterback look like a hero, then we've done our job. We didn't do that to the level we needed to last year."
"If there's one guy that really exceeded or met my expectation, it would be JD last year."
The key to success according to BC:
"It's confidence. It's anticipation, being on the same page with the quarterback, knowing when the ball's going to arrive. But also it's just doing it enough that you're not thinking about it. If you're out there thinking, 'I need to catch this ball' or 'I hope I don't drop this ball,' then you're toast. It's just a confidence that comes from doing it over and over again, knowing that you want the ball. Just begging for that ball every single play. So it's a mindset which comes from confidence and repetitions and just making plays."
Again, like Doman, Ben is trying to raise the bar on expectations and seek constant improvement. Hope the guys respond and have an even better year.

