Archived Topic

In the independence sucks category

by EM_Puma · 3/27/2012

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
In the independence sucks category, we're going to lose two of our four game agreement with GA Tech.



http://byucougars.blogs.deseretnews.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The problem is that the ACC is going to go to a nine-game conference format with the addition of Pitt and Syracuse.



This is why I don't know if independence will work as these conferences expand the number of conference games as they get larger.
S
SpiffCoug
Are they cutting the two games in Provo? ;)
L
Lawboy
Until certain things play out, we really do not know if losing these games will hurt that much, if at all. Games were for 2014 and 2016, I think, so still on for 2012-13.



Also, BYU has been trying to fit games in with PSU and WIsconsin(Bronco mentioned both recently), but were having issues with scheduling. Perhaps this frees up the dates needed for those games.



Plus, all games were in October, and I do not think BYU will have trouble replacing any September/October games. If they had been November, I would be more bummed, but honestly, just am not bothered by it.
C
Cougs_Rule
And maybe Bronco was trying to push GT to later season games, as he has been commenting, and GT saw the opening and said good riddance.
S
Sammich
The important question is, do we get even the two games if we are still in the MWC?
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.