Archived Topic

Carter Mees

by trueblue72 · 3/26/2012

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
I noticed in the pic's from Spring Game that OC was wearing #15, which is the number Carter Mees wore last year. I assumed that he graduated but I checked the Roster from last year and it said he was just a junior. He had some playing experience, did getting replaced by Sampson in the nickel package lead to him quiting? Just curious.
S
SpiffCoug
He wasn't on the roster they were handing out on Saturday. Maybe he "retired."
J
jonnylingo
He was pretty good. I am surprised to not see him on the roster.
L
Lawboy
A few guys are "retired". Carter Mees, David Foote, David Folsom, among others. Some guys know that they will not crack the 2-deep, so they choose to start focusing on their futures now.
B
Brayden Green
Hmmm... Foote and Mees are good players though. Foote will "retire" averaging about 27 yards a carry. (seemed like every time he touched the ball he went big around the corner)
Advertisement
S
srcougar
I went to lunch with a very good mission buddy three months ago, who is very good friends with Carter Mees. They grew up together and were roomates. I had played pick-up basketball with Mees a couple of times, so I asked how he was doing. My friend told me Carter was really frustrated at not having a scholarship. He said Carter was upset with Bronco not giving him a scholarship but always telling him he would probably get one. My friend said Carter was considering quitting since he was married and money was tight. This is all I know or can remember from one conversation at a cafe rio three months ago. But my mission buddy was one of his best friends, so I am pretty sure it is accurate. I have no Idea what happend since and what the truth of the matter is. I just saw this topic and had to give the very little info I had. Hope it helps shed some light and not create questions or rumors, cause that is not my intention.
B
BroncoBot
If true, that's sad. Mees and Foote were fun to watch and made a number of good plays. Sounds like they are gone though. Good luck to them, kind of stinks though.
S
SpiffCoug
I was surprised Foote didn't get more of a chance in the bowl game with Alisa out.



I thought he deserved a look with the 1st team.
M
Mars


Mees was a non-contributor. So was Folsom.



Foote had some talent.
E
EM_Puma
I was hoping too that we'd see more of David Foote this next season. He's never disappointed when given a shot.
Advertisement
Y
Y12
I thought Foote was on a "sabatical" and not so much "retired" while he nurses an injury.



Then again, it seems like every player who is injured is still included in everything, but nothing has come out about Foote.



Is this "trend" something new? I know several players have gone their whole career and never really played, but they don't up and quit the team their senior season to focus on life.
L
Lawboy
I think all 3 are a function of them being early Bronco recruits when he went for character guys first and foremost, and he built the team culture using these types of guys. However, none we the most physically gifted, and all got by on hard work.



Now that the talent has passed them by, and the team has a ethic and culture in place, these types of players will be the walk-ons who bust it in practice and rarely see the field. They will have to simply love football and not expect scholarships, because unless they get into a starters role like JD Falsev did, the schollies will not come.



Reality if D1 football at BYU right now.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.