Archived Topic

Jamoura again

by imuakahuku · 11/7/2009

Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
Dude definitely has been under the radar. But is on pace to possibly be the d player of the year in hawaii. Last night had a blocked punt recovery for td, 5 sacks and a few tfl's. I can't wait to see what he can do at the Y. The great part is that he is a HUGE BYU fan.
G
Guest
Is he committed already?
S
scott715
He is on the list of committments. Looking forward to having him next year.
S
scott715
Scout has Sauni, the NT, as 1 star and only Wyoming as interested. He is the guy that is getting the double team. It would be interesting if he came to BYU to have the same High School line at BYU.
Advertisement
G
gmj81
Imuakahuku, do you know the season stat line on each of those kids? I remember you talking before the season about how Jamora might be even better than Schwenke, who we were all hoping would commit to the Cougs. It certainly appears that may be the case. Every time I read about Jamora in an article, he registered multiple sacks, many times upwards of two. I don't recall reading a lot about Schwenke though. As their coach said, he is the most gifted athlete of the bunch but I always like and root for the kid like Jamora who just gets it done regardless of any other factors.



And I agree, I wonder if Sauni would be at all interested in walking on at BYU. Clearly we have run out of scholies at his position but he could very well pick one up in year two or three at BYU. Is he LDS by chance?
W
WACoug
The word that I have heard is that Jamoura is openly looking at other schools and considering other options. I hope we get to see him but I wonder how solid he is.
M
Mars
imuakahuku wrote:
http://hawaiipreps.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091110/SPORTS03/911100356/1042/PREPSPORTS20&template=PrepSports



"Ends Hauoli Jamora and Kona Schwenke and nose tackle Veteson Sauni — all seniors — wreaked havoc against Leilehua quarterback Andrew Manley on Friday night to lead Kahuku to its second consecutive O'ahu Interscholastic Association title and 21st overall...



Jamora — who had five sacks of Manley — and Sauni, combined for seven sacks. Jamora, who is 6 foot 2, 235 pounds, also had five sacks in a semifinal win over Castle two weeks ago. "He's been the same way all year," Torres said of Jamora, a two-sport standout. "He works his tail off in the weight room and on the field, he's just relentless at practice."



Jamora is the reigning OIA judo champion at 220 pounds, but Torres said that Schwenke, who stands 6 foot 3 and weighs 215 pounds, may be the most gifted of the group. "Oh yeah, of all the three linemen, he's the athlete," Torres said of Schwenke, who is a post player on the Red Raiders' basketball team. "He's got that grace and mobility to him."



Sauni, at 6 foot and 250 pounds, has been a steady run-stuffer in the middle, forcing offenses to run the ball outside, where Jamora and Schwenke have prospered. "He mandates double teams, which gives one-on-ones for Hauoli and Kona," Torres said of Sauni, who is on the wrestling team.



...Torres said that each has provided integral leadership toward the team's success. "We have our players select captains for each position group and after the 11 or 12 defensive linemen voted, Hauoli, Kona and Vet all had the same amount of votes," Torres said. "We couldn't break the tie, each had equal votes, so all three are captains for us."



Kahuku has a bye in the first round and will meet the winner between Farrington and Honoka'a on Nov. 27 in the semifinals of the First Hawaiian Bank/HHSAA Football State Championships at Aloha Stadium."
D
Ddawg
I hope he comes through w/ his commitment!!!!! We need solid Big "D" talent like that.
I
imuakahuku
WACoug wrote:
The word that I have heard is that Jamoura is openly looking at other schools and considering other options. I hope we get to see him but I wonder how solid he is.


The word I get is that he is BYU true blue. Of course you never know what could happen but according to other players and friends he is pretty set on BYU. And Kona it set on BYU also. Personally I think those two are about 95% going to sign come LOI Day. I'm hoping for Tigi Hill and Ben Maumea too. Ben has been a monster at LB and I see Tigi moving to LB in college.
Advertisement
W
WACoug
imuakahuku wrote:
The word that I have heard is that Jamoura is openly looking at other schools and considering other options. I hope we get to see him but I wonder how solid he is.


The word I get is that he is BYU true blue. Of course you never know what could happen but according to other players and friends he is pretty set on BYU. And Kona it set on BYU also. Personally I think those two are about 95% going to sign come LOI Day. I'm hoping for Tigi Hill and Ben Maumea too. Ben has been a monster at LB and I see Tigi moving to LB in college.


I sure hope so!
L
Lawboy
All I know is that I love all the RB/LB players that BYU has coming in this year. That means they have more speed and athleticism. I think our front 7 is going to be very good for years to come. I think our Safety position will be as well after 2011. the issue, as usual, is CB play. I hope the kids they recruit can play the position is all I know. If they can man up we will be awesome on D. If they can, I bet the 3-4 we play will be fast and aggressive and really fun to watch, like the USC D is. I love watching their 3-4.
W
WACoug
WACoug wrote:
WACoug wrote:
The word that I have heard is that Jamoura is openly looking at other schools and considering other options. I hope we get to see him but I wonder how solid he is.


The word I get is that he is BYU true blue. Of course you never know what could happen but according to other players and friends he is pretty set on BYU. And Kona it set on BYU also. Personally I think those two are about 95% going to sign come LOI Day. I'm hoping for Tigi Hill and Ben Maumea too. Ben has been a monster at LB and I see Tigi moving to LB in college.


I sure hope so!


His coach, Reggie Torres said recently that Jamoura is pretty open right now. He hasn't decommited but will most definitely visit BYU and Washington, and probably Oregon State and Hawaii before he makes his "final decision".



Hmm, and all this time I thought a commitment WAS a final decision. Someone needs to get these recruits a dictionary.



Disclaimer: I didn't speak with his coach personally. This is related second hand.
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:
All I know is that I love all the RB/LB players that BYU has coming in this year. That means they have more speed and athleticism. I think our front 7 is going to be very good for years to come. I think our Safety position will be as well after 2011. the issue, as usual, is CB play. I hope the kids they recruit can play the position is all I know. If they can man up we will be awesome on D. If they can, I bet the 3-4 we play will be fast and aggressive and really fun to watch, like the USC D is. I love watching their 3-4.


I really agree with what has been said around here before. That if the D-Line put some real pressure on the QB our CBs this year would be looking like all-stars.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.