Archived Topic

Jets just invited Riley Nelson and Jake Heaps to NYC!

by SpiffCoug · 3/21/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The Jets are just begging for the kind of QB controversy BYU fans have endured the last two years.



They already have an established starter and the MINUTE he starts to struggle, fans are going to be clamoring for Tebow.
D
Dcr36
Sanchez might want to give Kyle Orton a call.



I'd argue that Tebow to the Jets creates a more difficult situation than Heaps-Nelson. Before Utah State, hardly anyone was clamoring for Nelson. I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow chants break out after Sanchez's first interception.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Good point. This was just a very dumb move by the Jets.
M
Mars


One QB has heart but no talent, and the other QB has talent but no heart. I think the idea is to put the two of them together and pray to Tebus that one of them rubs off on the other.
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


One QB has heart but no talent, and the other QB has talent but no heart. I think the idea is to put the two of them together and pray to Tebus that one of them rubs off on the other.

Really? I look at the current NYJets situation and think they now have one QB with no talent and no heart and one QB with heart by no talent. Either way they're still short in the talented QB category.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
SpiffCoug wrote:


One QB has heart but no talent, and the other QB has talent but no heart. I think the idea is to put the two of them together and pray to Tebus that one of them rubs off on the other.

Really? I look at the current NYJets situation and think they now have one QB with no talent and no heart and one QB with heart by no talent. Either way they're still short in the talented QB category.


Yeah, that's my read on Sanchez as well. He's probably better than Tebow, but never enough to make me think of him as anything more than a mediocre QB. He's gotten worse each year he's played, too, which is never encouraging.



The Jets just don't strike me as a passing team, yet there where some games last year where they relied way too much on Sanchez. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point, they sub Tebow in and find they have more success, just by virtue of Tebow's limitations forcing them to play to their strengths.
D
Ddawg
I think Tebow will surprise people this season. He has been working with a private QB coach at USC this summer. I expect Tebow to "outperform" expectations.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.