Archived Topic

2012 NCAA Tournament (non-BYU)

by Dcr36 · 3/16/2012

Advertisement
D
Dcr36
Really boring year. Hardly any upsets.



TERRIBLE showing by the MWC. Both SDSU and UNLV lost in the first round to teams with worse seedings, and UNM just barely took care of business against LBSU. I don't take any joy in the MWC underperforming - I like them as a hoops conference - but this tournament showing isn't going to help their burgeoning reputation.



Awful officiating at the end of the Cuse-UNCA game.
T
tmoney35
I did pick the SDSU upset mostly because NC state played really well in the ACC tournament and I don't think SDSU is that great, but the UNLV loss is just embarrassing. Colorado finished 5th in a horrible PAC-12 conference. Even worse, UNLV was down 20 points midway through the second half and made a huge comeback just to make a game out of it.



Gonzaga sure looked good wiping the floor with WV.
S
scott715
CSU lost too.
T
tmoney35
Dcr36 wrote:
Really boring year. Hardly any upsets.


I hope this afternoon/evening has quenched your thirst for upsets. Five right in a row, including two 2-seeds and a 4-seed. Crazy
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.