Archived Topic

I'll miss Noah...and Abuou

by Isola · 3/15/2012

Advertisement
I
Isola
I love Hartsock. I love his fade away jumper and his blocks. I loved the bald spot and how every elbow seemed to find his nose.



I really like Abuou, but I feel like his was a career of unfulfilled potential. I never felt like you could entirely rely on his play. I keep feeling like I just want him for one more year, and then he would be great, but I can't help but feel that I would find my self at the end of next year feeling the same way.



Still they are great guys and represented BYU very well. Thanks for playing.
C
CougarClaw
Here's hoping they can find pro careers somewhere.
A
AggieWeekendCougar
Abuou reminds me of Pane at USU...so much potential but random acts of boneheadedness will relegate him to the "what might have been" category.
B
beauso79
Isn't it ABOUO??
M
mizzoucoug
It's too bad Noah couldn't be a feature of our offense earlier in his career because he had true game, but he didn't get to show if off until his senior season. I liked Abouo just fine, but he was far too conservative and inconsistent. I also believe that he is the career leader at BYU for missed layups. For whatever reason his defense seemed to regress after his sophomore season imo.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
mizzoucoug wrote:
It's too bad Noah couldn't be a feature of our offense earlier in his career because he had true game, but he didn't get to show if off until his senior season. I liked Abouo just fine, but he was far too conservative and inconsistent. I also believe that he is the career leader at BYU for missed layups. For whatever reason his defense seemed to regress after his sophomore season imo.


I think Abouo lost some fire. Probably just got a bit too apathetic to it all. You could see in the last season, the few games where he got fired up he was dominant.
I
Isola
beauso79 wrote:
Isn't it ABOUO??

I accidentally spelled it like Greg Wrubel says it. You are right.
M
Mars


Abouo was no Tavernari, but he was a good player and he'll be missed. I'm just sad that he never walked-on to the football team too.



Hartsock, what can you say? Great player. Big hole next season.
I
imuakahuku
Mars wrote:


Abouo was no Tavernari, but he was a good player and he'll be missed. I'm just sad that he never walked-on to the football team too.





Excatly what I believe. He chose the wrong sport. Somebody should tell him to go try for the NFL. He is huge, has soft hands, and I could see him as the next Antonio Gates (BBall player drafted into the NFL). He probably would need some major coaching but I can just see him making plays, jumping over guys getting balls, and running over little DB's.



Give it a shot Charles...nothing to lose!
C
Cougs_Rule
But you forgot one of his biggest attributes--he loves to run over people. A little TIC, but it's true. He needed a little more finesse and less truck while going to the hoop. But he let us in the Baylor game at points bc he was the only strong enough to take it to the rim.

And this is one reason why he and Z and Carlino all needed to go to the rim to get their game going and confidence, and then look for outside shot. And not just Chuckin 3's.

defense never gets the visible attention it needs. We missed jax as bad as Jimmer this year. And we will miss Charles as much as we will miss Noah. Mark my words. If CC can't stay injury fre and provide toughness, or find some bruising body, transfer, whatever, we will have to run and gun even more.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Running and gunning would likely cause us to use Haws, Zylstra, and/or Rogers at the 4



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I'll miss Abouo. He helped us beat SDSU in San Deigo last year - arguably one of the biggest regular season wins in BYU history. That one game alone is worth remembering.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.