Archived Topic

Different Year, Exact Same Story

by northerncougar · 3/14/2012

Advertisement
N
northerncougar
Rose is horrible at getting teams ready for any tournament. Every year it is the same thing. We get down by about 20 and then make it respectable in the 2nd half, but lose by 8-10.



I hope Rose can get it together but as long as he is the coach, we will need a Jimmer to ever win another tournament game.
R
rblack
New ending
Y
Yndian
I just wanted to change the thread title.



Just said on SportsCenter it's the biggest comeback in NCAA Tournament history!!!!
S
scott715
I was afraid he w as getting out coached. With a few minutes left they finally figured out our zone, was penetrating and scoring again. I would have switched up the D, especially with them coming out of the timeout. We held on even with Abouo and Carlino sitting for a very long time. What a game.
S
SpiffCoug
Rose WAS getting out-coached. But he adjusted and Iona couldn't respond.
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
I like the new ending better.
N
northerncougar
This is a much better ending than what I thought it was going to be. I posted that when BYU was down by about 20. It seems like Rose finally got it all worked out about that point. Maybe I should have posted earlier. :crazy:



In my 23 years of watching BYU basketball I have never seen anything like that.
C
Cougarbib
This is not a great basketball team or even a great BYU basketball team. But, it has been a fun team to watch grow.



At times they can go toe to toe with good teams and at other times they stink. Saw both last night.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
Jarhead
Looks like the alternate endings are over. I agree that the overall trend points to a problem with coaching. If we can field bowl winning football teams under the honor code, there is no excuse for not being able to have tournament winning teams in basketball.
S
scott715
With a 12 man roster, missions are a challange for the coach. He is doing okay, just needs another stud like Jimmer.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Jarhead wrote:
Looks like the alternate endings are over. I agree that the overall trend points to a problem with coaching. If we can field bowl winning football teams under the honor code, there is no excuse for not being able to have tournament winning teams in basketball.


IMO, it's coaching.



Granted, BYU had a lot of young players this season, but the same mistakes were made over and over and over. Either all the players are insane or there's a lack of coaching going on. I'm going with the later.



Plus, as usual, Rose is slow to make adjustments and plays the wrong players at the wrong time. He's getting a bit better, but the story has been the same year after year in big games.



Last year's success was due to Jimmer.
S
SpiffCoug
I can't believe BYU couldn't keep up with a team with the Big East Player of the Year and TWO first-team All-Big East players on it.



Our coaches and players suck.
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
I can't believe BYU couldn't keep up with a team with the Big East Player of the Year and TWO first-team All-Big East players on it.



Our coaches and players suck.


To quote Rose regarding guard play:



"That seemed to be our challenge, as far as a coaching staff."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.