Archived Topic

Why you guys no talk bout Y's mathletes?

by urroner · 3/10/2012

Advertisement
U
urroner
Gentlemen and Schmoe, life is not all about who can piss further, higher, and in the most brilliant color, sometimes life can be about the mental. For some of us, if not most of us, we ain't all that strong between the ears.



BYU's math team took third place in a national contest for eggheaded mathematicians.



Here is the rap video they made after placing in the contest - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AGT4M3Z1OM#!



My favorite line in the whole video is “Don't try to keep up once the math race gets going. When you're half-way done, they’ll be already Tebowing.”



http://www.ksl.com/?sid=19520922&nid=1017&title=have-you-seen-this-making-a-mathlete
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:
Gentlemen and Schmoe, life is not all about who can piss further, higher, and in the most brilliant color...


I was pretty sure that Mr. Avery won that competition some eighty years ago.
S
SpiffCoug
Sheer genius.
J
jvquarterback
Can't remember if it was called mathletes back then but I was asked to join BYU's math teamback in '99. Turned them down. Do these guys get a letterman jacket? I wonder if I would have been ineligible if I had sold mine for a tattoo?
S
scott715
I don't know if they get a letter but I bet they get the chicks!
Advertisement
U
urroner
I had a math prof back in the late 70's at the Y. The prof was a female and she told that class on the very first day that she realized that some in the class might have a problem with a woman being a math prof.



Being one to never back down from doing something really stupid and extremely inappropriate, I raised my hand, stood up, and simply said "I don't care if a woman can add or subtract, what is most important is if she can multiply." I then sat down meekly and quietly. The whole class sniggered after that and all she did was shake her head.



We became friends after that, of course, every time she needed somebody to do an error during class, deliver a message, go fetch something, and be an example in the class, I was her gopher, lackey, or prop. Calc 2 was a blast that year. I was the butt of almost every joke of hers, but I'd have had it no other way.
G
Guest
No jackets, no chicks, but all the pi you can handle.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.