Archived Topic

Who will be the next best replacement for Hoffman, Apo

by byucougar1 · 3/8/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
I understand that Terenn Houk not only is wearing the same jersey #11 as Russ Apo but that he moves like him (like silk). He is 6-4/204 (same lanky build) and footwork. He played on the scout team last year and apparently did quite well as did Hine, Unga and Kuresa.



The other player that the coaches feel with be a replica of Hoffman is Josh Weeks (6-4/200) who latches onto most anything thrown at him and has great stand-up speed (track star at Sho Low HS, AZ).



Any other word on other players that seem to be budding replacements or 2 deep?
S
scott715
The next Collie
T
trueblue72
The only issue with Weeks is he's going on a mission right out of HS so we won't see him for 3 years. I think we need to look at Jordan Smith and Mitch Matthews as two guys that could sneak their way onto the 2-deep this year. I am biased about Smith cause he grew up around the corner from me, but he's a big kid who can move, but has been hampered by injuries. From the few things I've read about Mitch he seems to be much more developed as a receiver than his brother as far as route running, speed and overall agility.



The two guys that I see playing the most behind Apo and Hoffman are Houk and Brett Thompson. Houk has a year in the program now and Thompson had a pretty good freshman year in '09 and I expect to see him grab some playing time this year.



Without a doubt this is the biggest (height and weight) receiving corps we have ever had.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.