Archived Topic

Will the Cougars win another game this year?

by vancouvercougar · 3/3/2012

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
What do you say? We go against a rested Gonzaga team then (if we win) a team we have not beaten all year. On to the NCAA as a 11 to 15 seed.



I am always hopeful and optomistic, but what do the rest of you think?
T
tooch300
vancouvercougar wrote:
What do you say? We go against a rested Gonzaga team then (if we win) a team we have not beaten all year. On to the NCAA as a 11 to 15 seed.



I am always hopeful and optomistic, but what do the rest of you think?


http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=320330252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



You stand corrected. Your welcome.
V
vancouvercougar
tooch300 wrote:
What do you say? We go against a rested Gonzaga team then (if we win) a team we have not beaten all year. On to the NCAA as a 11 to 15 seed.



I am always hopeful and optomistic, but what do the rest of you think?


http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=320330252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



You stand corrected. Your welcome.


I am aware we beat Gonzaga at our place, but we have not beaten St Mary's (the #1 seed) this year.
S
scott715
We play GU next then SMC if we win.
C
Cougarbib
A comma would fix all the confusion. It seems like the OP is correct, just awkward wording and punctuation.



We play Gonzaga tonight - then, assuming we win - we go on and most likely play Saint Mary's College, a team we have not beaten all year.



That is what he meant to say.



Now - back to the OP QUESTION.



Is this also poorly worded, or meant to be a trick question.



IDK about this season, but I will guarantee you we will win a lot more games THIS YEAR. We have some games that are basically gimmes in the Fall.



This season - 33 1/3% chance we win tonight. If we win tonight, that will lead us to similar odds vs SMC on Monday. If we lose tonight, and the selection committee smiles favorably upon us in spite of that loss, we roll onto a 20% chance in the 1st round of the big dance. If somehow we bounce down to the NIT - 50% chance or better in the first two rounds.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Wow, only 33% chance vs Gonzaga? I give us at least 45%-50%. Rest will not be a factor for BYU in this game, they have had 24 hours which is plenty for these young guys. If this were the third game in three days I would worry about rest. I think BYU has an advantage having played yesterday. Teams have had a little trouble adjusting to the Orleans arena, the Zags will likely do the same for the better part of the first half. We matchup well with them. I predic a BYU win by 8.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
Wow, only 33% chance vs Gonzaga? I give us at least 45%-50%. Rest will not be a factor for BYU in this game, they have had 24 hours which is plenty for these young guys. If this were the third game in three days I would worry about rest. I think BYU has an advantage having played yesterday. Teams have had a little trouble adjusting to the Orleans arena, the Zags will likely do the same for the better part of the first half. We matchup well with them. I predic a BYU win by 8.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Half-time adjustment. Make that a 10% chance - assuming all the coaches and players are paid up on their tithing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
Nope



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
This year? Yes, but it may not be until November. ;)



This season, likely in the NBC.
V
vancouvercougar
Cougarbib2 wrote:
A comma would fix all the confusion. It seems like the OP is correct, just awkward wording and punctuation.



We play Gonzaga tonight - then, assuming we win - we go on and most likely play Saint Mary's College, a team we have not beaten all year.



That is what he meant to say.



Now - back to the OP QUESTION.



Is this also poorly worded, or meant to be a trick question.



IDK about this season, but I will guarantee you we will win a lot more games THIS YEAR. We have some games that are basically gimmes in the Fall.



This season - 33 1/3% chance we win tonight. If we win tonight, that will lead us to similar odds vs SMC on Monday. If we lose tonight, and the selection committee smiles favorably upon us in spite of that loss, we roll onto a 20% chance in the 1st round of the big dance. If somehow we bounce down to the NIT - 50% chance or better in the first two rounds.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Thanks for your clarification of my OP.



I should have asked about this SEASON (this was my intention) instead of this year. I typed the original question over a couple of hours in between emergencies and other duties at the hospital and didn't proof read well.



I think our chances of winning one more game are about 15 to 20% if we land in the big dance--50 to 60% if we go to the NIT.
Advertisement
S
scott715
In the NIT we would get some home games so it would be pretty likely. In the NCAA it would be a struggle.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.