Archived Topic

Rob Morris

by Lawboy · 3/2/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Apparently, he is leaving BYU and will not be a GA for 2012. Not sure who the new GA will be to replace him. Heard he and Bronco has some issues, but not sure what they are about. Staff issues are not uncommon and I know some still exist at BYU Not trying to start any garbage, just stating things known to those who know some coaches.
C
CougarClaw
I heard Morris was trying to teach the defense "beast mode".
L
Lawboy
Morris was he GA for the offense in 2011. So BYU will need a new offensive GA for 2012.
G
Guest
Morris worked with the offensive line. I had hoped he would instill some nastiness in them, unfortunately we never saw anything like that from them.
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
Morris worked with the offensive line. I had hoped he would instill some nastiness in them, unfortunately we never saw anything like that from them.


I saw it on one play in the bowl game...
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
And that one play would now be illegal.
C
Cougarfan87
With Rob Morris leaving and Shawn Nua going to coach at Navy, it looks like there's room for some new GA blood.
S
snoscythe
Cougarfan87 wrote:
With Rob Morris leaving and Shawn Nua going to coach at Navy, it looks like there's room for some new GA blood.


John Tait?



Unfortunately, Bronco seems to have a hard time playing well in the sandbox with players from the Lavell/Crowton eras, so that's a long shot.
C
Cougarfan87
snoscythe wrote:
With Rob Morris leaving and Shawn Nua going to coach at Navy, it looks like there's room for some new GA blood.


John Tait?



Unfortunately, Bronco seems to have a hard time playing well in the sandbox with players from the Lavell/Crowton eras, so that's a long shot.


It works out best, for whatever reason, when they are players that played under Bronco. For Offense, I'm not sure who is available. I think Cameron Jensen would be awesome as a defense GA. I wonder if he is interested/what he is up to.
C
Cougs_Rule
I'm not sure Rob is a team guy. And I'm not sure there was even a spot. We still have both an OLB and ILB coach. Why would he stick around getting squadoosh nothin when he has fed in much larger pastures. He paid some dues and BM did not reward him with even a small coaching spot. bronco has his guys, great. Move forward. There are lots of wannabe coaches who would volunteer to help carry a clipboard. Not The Train.

Watch him land at Utah!!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.