Archived Topic

The #3 seed gets the later time slot

by EM_Puma · 3/2/2012

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Anyone heard the rational as to why our game as the #3 seed in the WCC is being played after the game with the #4 seed, Loyola?



I know it's only two hours, but having to play tomorrow, two hours can make a difference. This makes no sense.
B
BYULV
Shouldn't matter, since we are playing a rested gonzaga team. San Francisco has to play tonight 2 hours earlier. Both games are 24 hours after the start of the previous game, it's a wash. I guess the later slot is the "Main Event".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
I couldn't believe the game last night started 45 minutes late after already being scheduled so late. It's going to be quite a turn around to get back up on our feet for our 9 pm game tonight. I hope Noah is getting A LOT of special attention today.
C
Cougarbib
We can only hope Zags are a little bit rusty from their time off. Unfortunately, Zags have had a lot of time to prepare and may have taken the risk of focusing entirely on BYU even with the uncertainty surrounding Noah Hartsock playing.



I expect our outside shooting to be a bit cold, but am hopeful that some aggressive defense on our part can cause Zag turnovers and forced shots on their part.



Davies and Hartsock will be solid. Charles, Matt, or Brock will also need to get hot and Hartsock will need some solid minutes of relief from the bench.



Due to injuries, BYU lacks depth. The Zags will go after Davies, Austin, and Hartsock to create foul trouble.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Ok - Gonzaga is favored by 1.5 pts.



BYU - averages 79 pts/game, allows 66.2 pts, and shoots 46.8%

Gonz - averages 73.9 pts/game, allows 62.9 pts, and shoots 41.3%



Rose has to come up with a scheme to try to neutralize Sacre. He's a force. I'm nervous about tonight but think we are in the mix if we find our range & hit.



Go Cougs!
Advertisement
G
Gunk
We own Sacre. Can't let him get hot though.



I am worried about Harris.



Winder has to stay out of foul trouble. He plays better d on Pangos.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Halftime - Ugggh! Ugly for the Cougs. :bug:
M
Mars
Gunk wrote:
Winder has to stay out of foul trouble. He plays better d on Pangos.

Winder only played 8 minutes, while Zylstra played 31. That I don't get. At all.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.