Archived Topic

WCC Tourny Predictions

by Mars · 2/27/2012

Advertisement
M
Mars


I think we win our first game and face Gonzaga almost no matter what.

If Hartsock is healthy, we beat Gonzaga.



USF-LMU is a toss-up, and the winner of that game versus SMC is a toss-up.



I think Gonzaga could take SMC. BYU-SMC would be a toss-up. I think BYU could take USF. Gonzaga-USF would be a toss-up. And BYU/GU-LMU would be a toss-up.



My crazy, haphazard guess?



BYU beats San Diego,

BYU beats Gonzaga.

LMU beats USF.

LMU beats SMC.

LMU beats BYU.
S
SpiffCoug
BYU wins.
W
Wolverine
Mars wrote:


I think we win our first game and face Gonzaga almost no matter what.

If Hartsock is healthy, we beat Gonzaga.



USF-LMU is a toss-up, and the winner of that game versus SMC is a toss-up.



I think Gonzaga could take SMC. BYU-SMC would be a toss-up. I think BYU could take USF. Gonzaga-USF would be a toss-up. And BYU/GU-LMU would be a toss-up.



My crazy, haphazard guess?



BYU beats San Diego,

BYU beats Gonzaga.

LMU beats USF.

LMU beats SMC.

LMU beats BYU.


Definitely a legit possibility, but not one that would be in BYU's best interest. WCC gets no more than 3 teams into the Tourney, and that will be contingent on the number of upsets in the other conference tournaments. I will put on my blue goggles and predict BYU over SMC in the championship game. BYU, SMC, and Zags go dancing.
C
CougarClaw
Wolverine wrote:


I think we win our first game and face Gonzaga almost no matter what.

If Hartsock is healthy, we beat Gonzaga.



USF-LMU is a toss-up, and the winner of that game versus SMC is a toss-up.



I think Gonzaga could take SMC. BYU-SMC would be a toss-up. I think BYU could take USF. Gonzaga-USF would be a toss-up. And BYU/GU-LMU would be a toss-up.



My crazy, haphazard guess?



BYU beats San Diego,

BYU beats Gonzaga.

LMU beats USF.

LMU beats SMC.

LMU beats BYU.


Definitely a legit possibility, but not one that would be in BYU's best interest. WCC gets no more than 3 teams into the Tourney, and that will be contingent on the number of upsets in the other conference tournaments. I will put on my blue goggles and predict BYU over SMC in the championship game. BYU, SMC, and Zags go dancing.


yeah if LMU wins the chmpionship, they might take our place in the dance. I see St. Mary's and Gonzaga as locks.
E
EM_Puma
CougarClaw wrote:
Mars wrote:


I think we win our first game and face Gonzaga almost no matter what.

If Hartsock is healthy, we beat Gonzaga.



USF-LMU is a toss-up, and the winner of that game versus SMC is a toss-up.



I think Gonzaga could take SMC. BYU-SMC would be a toss-up. I think BYU could take USF. Gonzaga-USF would be a toss-up. And BYU/GU-LMU would be a toss-up.



My crazy, haphazard guess?



BYU beats San Diego,

BYU beats Gonzaga.

LMU beats USF.

LMU beats SMC.

LMU beats BYU.


Definitely a legit possibility, but not one that would be in BYU's best interest. WCC gets no more than 3 teams into the Tourney, and that will be contingent on the number of upsets in the other conference tournaments. I will put on my blue goggles and predict BYU over SMC in the championship game. BYU, SMC, and Zags go dancing.


yeah if LMU wins the chmpionship, they might take our place in the dance. I see St. Mary's and Gonzaga as locks.


Wow, I would have to say, if I was forced to bet, if SMC lost their quarterfinal game, and BYU lost in the championship game, that SMC would be teetering with BYU on that proverbial bubble and could be the odd man out in that they would have had lost four of their last seven games and BYU would have been 5-2 over that same span. Hopefully, that is where BYU having played in five consecutive NCAA tournaments might be an ace up our sleeve. It will be a sad day when a 25-win BYU team fails to make the NCAA.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I used to think it would be LMU vs BYU, but the more I think about it the more I suspect it will be SMC vs BYU.



We match up well against GU and if we had shot even close to our normal average against them last week we would have won sans Noah. We can beat those guys. We own Sacre. They can't stop Davies and their guard play is as streaky as ours. Harris is their X factor. We shut him down, they're done.



SMC has picked themselves up and they've got some fight in them. Yes, Dellawhatever is beat up. Holt is beat up. Waldow is beat up, but LMU/USF will be tired after a hard fought battle the night before. I suspect SMC will rise to the occasion and their battered players will put it all out there and come away with a win.



Monday, however, will be a different test for SMC and those injuries will come into play. I think their injuries are more hampering than ours and our bench is deeper than theirs; so, we win on Monday. Not to mention, we'll have more fans there.
B
bigblahla
It's been a long time since any member of the WCC beat the Zags twice in one year.



BYU is our toughest match-up and hopefully you'll be back at full strength, gotta love Hartsock he would of made a great Zag.



For selfish reasons I hope USD knocks you guys off, can't forget what Grier did at GU.



BYU definitely upgraded the WCC and with LMU starting to show what they are capable of and USF playing up to their potential this is going to be the most competitive WCC tournament in years.



I hope we beat you but you still go dancing.



Go!! Zags!!!
E
EM_Puma
bigblahla wrote:
I hope we beat you but you still go dancing.


The feeling is mutual bigblahla.



Go Cougars!
B
byucougar1
I believe that LMU is the darkhorse in the tourney. They play very well on the road and they can dominate any team on a given night when Ireland and Viney are playing well - they can be unstoppable. That being said, they don't have depth and the consecutive game schedule will be tough on them if they go deep in the tourney. I like our chances with Noah back at full speed. IMO it will be the team whose big 3 shows up consistently. Final should be SMU vs BYU. Team that wins has their stars align: Y(Harstock, Davies, Carlino) and SMU (Deladova, Jones, Waldrow).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
byucougar1 wrote:
Final should be SMU vs BYU. Team that wins has their stars align: Y(Harstock, Davies, Carlino) and SMU (Deladova, Jones, Waldrow).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


SMC. They haven't grown up to be a university yet, ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.