Archived Topic

Eagle and Braiden Shaw state tourney bracket

by craigoscarson · 2/26/2012

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Eagles season is done after a close loss last night. Of all the guys we've signed for 2013, Braiden Shaw really is the most raw and least ready for college hoops. I hope he keeps growing (ala Nate Austin) and works a ton on his strength and game this year. Idaho hoops is not Utah hoops by a long shot and a true D1 post player should be able to go 20-10 as a junior in that state. (Jakob Hartsock is going nearly 20-10 in 6A Oklahoma and Eric Mika would have had the USHAA not kept him from playing this year))



If you remember a while back, BYU either passed on, 6'10" Jared Smoot http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/56485/jared-smoot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (rightfully so, Smoot just doesn't have high major basketball skills) or missed by coming in too late on Bachynski, etc. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51081/jordan-bachynski" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (that kid has come on pretty strong in the last few games; not dominant especially considering the competition but he's obviously someone that could alter shots... and while I like Josh Sharp for the future, I would have traded Sharp in a heartbeat for a 7'2" dude that can force the opposition into one dimension) ... so the fact that they offerred Shaw so early tells me that he has potential but I don't think he's ready based on what I hear from his AAU coaches and what I see on youtube.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.