Archived Topic

And here I thought BYU football was smash mouth

by mraven · 11/6/2009

Advertisement
S
Sammich
I can't believe how dirty some of those hits were! The sportscasters were talking like there were blows going both ways and I did see some BYU players doing questionable things, but the New Mexico players were getting away with all sorts of blatant crap.
M
Mars


At least BYU footballers don't have to worry about New Mexico players pulling their ponytail...



Our assistant coaches may have to stay away from Locksley though, especially if his defense has a poor game against us. :roll:
B
BoiseBYU
Here's my theory: Locksley, during his suspension, spent some time with the NM soccer team to show them how to pull off some cheap shots. It is one thing to play aggresive, but to pull a player's pony tail and about break her neck or kick into a player's face that is way beyond playing aggresive it is red card material and the ref obviuosly lost total control. NM's coach ought to be ashamed. Congrats to BYU for playing through the dirty cheap shot play
C
cachevalleycougar
Wow - that is amazing. What's even more amazing is that they singled all of it out on the highlight clip! I wonder how she, her team and coaches, and parents feel about having that aired for the whole world to see.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Stay classy, NM
A
ABYUFAN
cachevalleycougar wrote:
Wow - that is amazing. What's even more amazing is that they singled all of it out on the highlight clip! I wonder how she, her team and coaches, and parents feel about having that aired for the whole world to see.


They probably Hate ESPN now - like it ESPN's fault they aired the footage of their dirty daughter...
M
mormonrasta
Hopefully those officials will be suspended. I understand missing a call or two, but this was ridiculous.
C
CougarPeasant
mormonrasta wrote:
Hopefully those officials will be suspended. I understand missing a call or two, but this was ridiculous.


Very true. Several of those plays were red card worthy and suspending the coach for "letting" the players play like that.



My thoughts were that it's just what BYU has to put up with from other teams.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.