Archived Topic

WCC All Conference Team

by scott715 · 2/25/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
Next week we will see the all conference team. Ten players, who will be on it? I think Hartsock will get MVP. And Davies will join him on the team. My guesses



Robert Sacre

Elias Harris

Matthew Dellavedova

Rob Jones

Drew Viney

Anthony Ireland

Rashad Green

Taylor Darby



Waldow, Pagnos, Bell, Carlino and Austin to all freshman team.
W
Wolverine
Not that he isn't deserving of consideration, but I don't think the MVP will come from the 3rd place team.
S
scott715
Good point, it is between him and Dellavedova. But I think Hartsock is better.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
Good point, it is between him and Dellavedova. But I think Hartsock is better.

I think it's between Delladova and Ireland, and that Delly will get it.
E
EM_Puma
http://www.wccsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022812aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Official verdict now in. My only surprise is that from the local media, none that I saw had Rob Sacre as Defensive POY. Did he get that because he was the pre-season POY and didn't reach that plateau? Remember though, these are awarded by the coaches and none of the media has any input.



2011-12 West Coast Conference Player of the Year

Matthew Dellavedova, Jr., G, Saint Mary's



2011-12 West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year

Rob Sacre, Sr., C, Gonzaga



2011-12 West Coast Conference Newcomer of the Year

Kevin Pangos, Fr., G, Gonzaga



2011-12 West Coast Conference Coach of the Year

Max Good, Loyola Marymount



2011-12 ALL-WEST COAST CONFERENCE MEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM



Player Yr. Pos. School

Angelo Caloiaro Sr. F San Francisco

Brandon Davies Jr. F BYU

Matthew Dellavedova Jr. G Saint Mary's

Elias Harris Jr. F Gonzaga

Noah Hartsock Sr. F BYU

Anthony Ireland So. G Loyola Marymount

Rob Jones Sr. F Saint Mary's

Kevin Pangos Fr. G Gonzaga

Rob Sacre Sr. C Gonzaga

Drew Viney Sr. F Loyola Marymount



2011-12 ALL-WEST COAST CONFERENCE HONORABLE MENTION

Perris Blackwell (San Francisco); Matt Carlino (BYU); Johnny Dee (San Diego); Rashad Green (San Francisco); Stephen Holt (Saint Mary's); Corbin Moore (Pepperdine)



2011-12 ALL-WEST COAST CONFERENCE FRESHMAN TEAM



Player Pos. School

Gary Bell, Jr. G Gonzaga

Matt Carlino G BYU

Johnny Dee G San Diego

Kevin Pangos G Gonzaga

Brad Waldow F Saint Mary's
Advertisement
M
Mars


I disagree with the Sacre pick, he is extremely soft despite his height.



And I have no idea who the San Fran kid is.
G
Gunk
Mars wrote:


I disagree with the Sacre pick, he is extremely soft despite his height.



And I have no idea who the San Fran kid is.


Sacre shouldn't even be all-conference. He's the third best player on GU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.