Archived Topic

Say Romney wins the GOP nomination...

by Mars · 2/22/2012

Advertisement
M
Mars


Who will be the Vice President selection for his running mate?



Who could be? Guy from Florida, guy from New Jersey...



Who wouldn't you want? Gingrich, Palin, McCain, etc...



Who would help him best beat Obama? A super-conservative? A moderate Republican? Santorum?



Who would you want it to be? Ron Paul?
S
scott715
Ron Paul. I think he will owe it to him.
C
CougarClaw
Mars wrote:


Who will be the Vice President selection for his running mate?



Who could be? Guy from Florida, guy from New Jersey...



Who wouldn't you want? Gingrich, Palin, McCain, etc...



Who would help him best beat Obama? A super-conservative? A moderate Republican? Santorum?



Who would you want it to be? Ron Paul?


I would love to see Romney select a black man not named Herman Cain for VP. Not sure who it would be but I am FB friends with a few black folks who see all anti-Obama rhetoric as racist and are staunch Obama supporters. This might help defray that irrational support. (Kind of like Mormons voting Romney regardless of his policies)Support the first black VP! lol.



Guy from Florida, Rubio? Guy from NJ: Christie? Christie wouldn't do it. nor should he. Let him finish shaking up NJ first. Rubio is a good possibility. Bobby Jindal is another one that tops the lists but, aside from his Indian heritage, I don't know much about him.



I will never vote for Palin in office. If obama is polarizing candidate #1 then she's #2 except the base that supports her, while passionate, is shrinking. I really would prefer Obama to Palin. I hope Gingrich never reaches public office again. Ron Paul runs his own ship. I just don't see him playing second fiddle to anyone's policies.



Meg Whitman might also be an interesting VP choice. But her credentials mirror Romneys more than they complement them...
M
Mars
CougarClaw wrote:
I would love to see Romney select a black man not named Herman Cain for VP. Not sure who it would be...



Guy from Florida, Rubio? Guy from NJ: Christie? Christie wouldn't do it. nor should he. Let him finish shaking up NJ first. Rubio is a good possibility. Bobby Jindal is another one that tops the lists but, aside from his Indian heritage, I don't know much about him.



Ron Paul runs his own ship. I just don't see him playing second fiddle to anyone's policies.



Meg Whitman might also be an interesting VP choice. But her credentials mirror Romneys more than they complement them...

At one time Colin Powell seemed like a shoe-in, but that ship has sailed. Same with Condi Rice I think.
G
Guest
I'd still consider Condi Rice.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I have a hard time believe ron paul would accept unless Romney promises to let him drive the bus, which isn't going to happen.
S
snoscythe
Rice or Rubio.



Paul is not in this for the Veep. He is in this to add planks to the Republican Platform and pave the way for Rand.
C
CougarClaw
except Condi Rice was offered by McCain and turned him down. You think Romney could get her out of retirement?



She'd be a tour du force if he could get her. I just dont' see her getting back in the game.
S
SpiffCoug
Anyone from the Bush administration is poison. You can't win with a Bush disciple.
S
snoscythe
Rice has been positioning herself for the past 2 years for a shot at the Veep.
Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
It depends on how he gets the nomination. If he wins it outright at the convention then he picks someone from Florida or another swing state.



If he has to get some delegates at the convention I don't think he will deal with Gingrich or Santorum because their negatives in a general election are so high. That leaves Paul who wants the biggest platform for his ideas and VP is better than any college professorship or book-writing deal. That and a promise to audit the federal reserve.
N
nuk13
I wouldn't mind Paul at all. I am not his biggest fan but I think he has a lot to offer as a vp. Claw, I'm not particularly a Palin fan either, but she is far far better than the guy we have in there now. Any dog catcher would get my vote before I'd vote to reelect him.
C
CougarClaw
nuk13 wrote:
I wouldn't mind Paul at all. I am not his biggest fan but I think he has a lot to offer as a vp. Claw, I'm not particularly a Palin fan either, but she is far far better than the guy we have in there now. Any dog catcher would get my vote before I'd vote to reelect him.


http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/quotes-on-palin.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Palin is a disaster waiting to happen to the GOP. Her gaffes make Biden look tame. her experience makes Hawkwing look like a World Dictator (shout out to Artur!), her inability to comprehend the world around her will make people forget Herman Cain's usbeka beka beka beka stan quotes, she has no legitimate experience, talents, or business being in public office. She brings no swing states or demographics that the GOP can't currently win. Horrible, horrible choice by McCain and i believe it was a major factor that cost him the election.The only thing she'd win at would be a Presidential swimsuit competition cause I'm not sure she could win a game of Bingo.
B
BoiseBYU
Rubio. Gives FL; gives Mitt conservative bona fides; and gives inroads to hispanic voters, which could be crucial in FL, NM, AZ, CO....
S
scott715
Palin in a swimsuit contest? When will that be? Election night or a fund raiser? Too bad she does not support Romney I bet he could have raised some dough with that.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Mars wrote:
I would love to see Romney select a black man not named Herman Cain for VP. Not sure who it would be...



Guy from Florida, Rubio? Guy from NJ: Christie? Christie wouldn't do it. nor should he. Let him finish shaking up NJ first. Rubio is a good possibility. Bobby Jindal is another one that tops the lists but, aside from his Indian heritage, I don't know much about him.



Ron Paul runs his own ship. I just don't see him playing second fiddle to anyone's policies.



Meg Whitman might also be an interesting VP choice. But her credentials mirror Romneys more than they complement them...

At one time Colin Powell seemed like a shoe-in, but that ship has sailed. Same with Condi Rice I think.

Powell's political career ended at a hearing at the U.N. in 2002.
S
snoscythe
Jindal set himself back YEARS when he gave the GOP response to Obama's State of the Union. Prior to that he was a rising star, but he flamed out hardcore in the spotlight. It was almost Rick Perry-esque. Stammering, sweating, just plain ugly. Jindal might never make it past a Cabinet position after that.
M
Mars


So Ron Paul and Condi Rice are attractive lonshots, and Rubio might be the best best. I'm good with that. And that's if Romney wins.



Is it just me or does Santorum read like a comic book? Very black & white, cartoonish answers to every question. What a polarizing man. I kinda like him, but he could never, ever win.
B
BroncoBot
Did anyone know that rubio has an LDS past? I found that a little interesting.
J
jvquarterback
declocoug wrote:
Did anyone know that rubio has an LDS past? I found that a little interesting.


Yes and that past might keep him from getting the VP nod if Romney gets the nomination.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.