Archived Topic

Utah website claims BYU-Utah sign 2 year deal

by Lawboy · 2/21/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Sounds as if for 2013-14, home and home. Beyond that, I think the rivalry might then change. But if this is true, I am glad. It is a great game in state, and a fun week of local build-up for the game.



http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=1327634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
E
EM_Puma
I saw that elsewhere yesterday, but I'll believe it when I see it. If it was a done deal, why would it not be public?
S
scott715
Came from RumorBoard
L
Lawboy
No, came from Utefans.net. Rumorboard then just linked to the Utah site rumor.



TH stated we had contracts signed with 2 major programs, and that they would be announced soon. Would not surprise me if one of those was Utah. Rumor is that the other is Wisconsin. Guess we shall see soon.
Y
Y12
Lawboy wrote:
No, came from Utefans.net.


Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but isn't that the same site that claimed Heaps and others were going to be busted for HC violations?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Y12 wrote:
No, came from Utefans.net.


Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but isn't that the same site that claimed Heaps and others were going to be busted for HC violations?


I never heard anything about HC issues for Heaps beyond relief that he got married to his girlfriend which removed any potential for a problem to happen later there.



Were they just joking or speculating or did they claim that something had actually happened?



Jake did not seem like the type of kid to have HC issues.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
No, came from Utefans.net. Rumorboard then just linked to the Utah site rumor.



TH stated we had contracts signed with 2 major programs, and that they would be announced soon. Would not surprise me if one of those was Utah. Rumor is that the other is Wisconsin. Guess we shall see soon.


He also made it clear that Chris Hill wanted to deal with this a home-and-away series at a time - no long term contract - but was optimistic that it would keep getting extended that way.



U seems to be in the driver's seat. BYU would sign up long-term.



Hence Utah is becoming The Utah Chickens who would like to treat us like we treat USU.



Glad to hear that it may get extended and hope that it continues to do so during my life-time.



We need to win all 3 and that will make it difficult to save face if they stop playing BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
Utefans.net is like any other message board. Some posters are great, others are trolls. I think the person who put this out there was not trolling. If you read that thread, others sure were (UteThunder is a well known troll).



The rumor makes sense to me, and I believe it. Two years is prior to the PAC12/Big Ten deal, so this game does not cause Utah issues that way, and it also helps our Indy scheduling with a traditional game.



QUestion will be when the game is played. I am guessing week 3.
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
Utefans.net is like any other message board. Some posters are great, others are trolls. I think the person who put this out there was not trolling. If you read that thread, others sure were (UteThunder is a well known troll).



The rumor makes sense to me, and I believe it. Two years is prior to the PAC12/Big Ten deal, so this game does not cause Utah issues that way, and it also helps our Indy scheduling with a traditional game.



QUestion will be when the game is played. I am guessing week 3.


TH seemed pretty clear that BYU has adjusted to and will continue to need to adjust to playing U early.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
I was honestly kind of looking forward to not playing them. I dont care either way.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
I like the rivalry BUT I wouldn't mind having a break from them turds.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
jonnylingo wrote:
I was honestly kind of looking forward to not playing them. I dont care either way.


Agree. It would be nice to get away from having to play in Rice-"Uckles" Stadium. I like the rivalry game with the UofU much better when we play @ LES. Once we move on from this rivalry game with the Yewts, I don't think we ever look back.
D
Dcr36
jonnylingo wrote:
I was honestly kind of looking forward to not playing them. I dont care either way.


I'm divided. I hate where the rivalry is right now, but it's a good game to have on the schedule.



Plus, good teams have and deserve actual rivalries, not forced rivalries (and with all due respect to my Ute friends, Utah-Colorado is a forced rivalry). I get excited about the prospect of a rivalry with BSU (who also needs a rival at the moment), but I would like that rivalry to have some semblance of momentum if/when the Holy War ends. A two-year extension would be nice.



Should we develop a worthwhile rivalry with anyone other than Utah in the coming years, the value of the Utah game is essentially the same as a game with any other good-but-not-elite BCS team. Good to have, but if we could get it elsewhere, I'd kind of prefer that.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.