Archived Topic

Versus, now NBC Sports, viewership down 20% without BYU

by hawkwing · 2/21/2012

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
a bit egotistical to think that entire 20% is all us isn't it?



FWIW ESPN and ESPN2 also saw decreases so it can't all be us. Perhaps that means that BYUTV viewership has gone up 28%?
S
scott715
KBYUtv is up due to us.
L
Lawboy
I guess this will get tested later this year when BYU goes to Boise State, in a game most likely to be played on NBCSports. I bet it pulls a huge number.
C
Cougarbib
BYU draws and MTN, Versus, et al probably felt the loss even though strangely, when they had BYU they could have put us on TV more than they did.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
It is funny to watch reality happen as so many try to pretend like BYU des not have significant drawing power (can we say MWC who spurned our olympic sports and forced us to find the WCC). We're not Notre Dame, but our net covers this whole country in significant numbers. You cannot be the largest private school in the nation and not have a lot of alumni, plus the LDS factor. ESPN seems to be the only group out there that understands that BUSINESS concept.
D
Dcr36
I'm pretty sure this only deals with January stats from the last two years.



Unless BYU bball was on Vs. in January of last year, we're not a direct factor here. Even if we were, it's still a comparatively small factor.
N
Npliam
There is much delusion in the title of this thread.
Y
Y4LYFE
I thought that the mtn, mwc, vs, hair, and the rest of the rejects didn't miss BYU.



I thought all of the viewership brought in from Utah, all the advertising marketing for Utahns, and LDS folk was just pennies in a large and spacious pot.



Those people involved in the mwc/comcast really had me fooled all this time. I thought they made 99 dollars out of a 100 from Wyoming, Vegas, Albuquerque, San Diego, etc,



Guess they should've treated their real money makers with respect.



Asses.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.