Archived Topic

The Mtn. now in HD finally, BUT...

by Mars · 11/6/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705342499/Coming-soon-The-mtn-in-High-Definition-2-well-sort-of.html?linkTrack=rss-28



"Beginning Nov. 14, The mtn. will telecast its remaining nine games in HD.



That's BYU-New Mexico, UNLV-Air Force and Wyoming-San Diego State on Nov. 14; TCU-Wyoming and Colorado State-New Mexico on Nov. 21; Wyoming-CSU on Nov. 27; and New Mexico-TCU, Utah-BYU and SDSU-UNLV on Nov. 28...



[BUT] In order to see a game in HD, your cable or satellite provider has to send it to you in HD. And few of them will. Comcast Cable in Utah will carry only two of the nine games in HD. Fortunately for local fans, it's the two games that feature local teams — BYU-New Mexico and Utah-BYU. Comcast in Colorado and New Mexico have no plans to carry any of the nine games in HD...



Spanish Fork Cable (Utah); Baja Broadband (Utah); All West (Utah-Wyoming); Cable One (Idaho); ICS (Idaho); and James Cable (Wyoming) will take the entire HD slate. So will DirecTV. (Now if DirecTV could settle its spat with Versus and get that channel back in its lineup)"
S
snoscythe
DirecTV carries the Mtn in HD whenever they make it available. Sometimes you just have to call and remind them to flip the switch though.
F
frdbtr
Does anyone know what channel the mtn HD will be on for Comcast?
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
DirecTV carries the Mtn in HD whenever they make it available. Sometimes you just have to call and remind them to flip the switch though.
Yeah... if only they could work out a deal with Versus. The two parties are acting like babies, IMO.


frdbtr wrote:
Does anyone know what channel the mtn HD will be on for Comcast?
I had just assumed it would be on the same regular, normal ol' channel, since I thought that they just send one feed (either HD or not), but I'm certainly not the expert.



Someday I'll save up a bunch of money for a top-end television. Ah, dreams...
L
Lawboy
I guess it helps for the BYU-UNM game, but I will be at the AFA and Utah games, so won;t help me any.



I will enjoy watching TCU hammer Utah on the 14th in HD though. Good times ahead with that one.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:
Does anyone know what channel the mtn HD will be on for Comcast?
I had just assumed it would be on the same regular, normal ol' channel, since I thought that they just send one feed (either HD or not), but I'm certainly not the expert.



Someday I'll save up a bunch of money for a top-end television. Ah, dreams...


Actually, they don't. Comcasts channel lineup is an irritation to me. the HD channels are in the 600's and the others are from 2 - 100.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.