Archived Topic

MTC experience

by BigCougsFan · 2/15/2012

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Its been 13 years since I went through the MTC. There's some places I want to go check out, because I've had some pretty cool experiences.



If I recall correctly... "Outsiders" are not permitted to walk around, so I will have a covert mission and try and blend in. Still have my name tag ;)



Luckily I didn't have to learn a new language, so I was only there for a couple weeks.



I had a few cool experiences in there, but one keeps standing out. Its not even spiritual at all.



It was during football season. On the weekend, at night, going to my next class in another building. All of us Elders cram the walkways like a bunch of sardines trying to get to their classes. We all could see the stadium lights. Light up the sky in the distance and hear the roar of the thousands of football fans cheer BYU on. That only lasted five minutes, but created a memory forever.



Of all things, that was one of my biggest MTC experiences. Kinda odd, but it is.



What is your biggest memory of the MTC?
S
scott715
I got engaged there. Engaged in the work.
G
Guest
I was only there for 3 weeks. The longest 3 weeks of my mission.
S
SpiffCoug
The great missionary legends.

- The temple is the House of the Lord, but the MTC is the House of the Spirit.

- The Church has 144,000 padded chairs stored in the basement of the vistor's center at Adam Ondi Aham.

- The Jerusalem Center was built in such a way that it can be turned into a temple in 24 hours so it will be ready for the two prophets to be killed in the streets.

- The church has already bought land in Beijing for a temple.
M
Mars


I was in the MTC on 9/11.



I never saw video footage of what happened, and I don't want to either.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
The marble maze in the dorm room of our hilarious yet misguided, slacker Greek counterparts. Truly awesome! And as far as legends go it might be somewhere in the top 50 I imagine.



The vacuum trick was golden though. We pulled that one out 3-4 times while there and had it done to us once. I loved the MTC!
C
CAFB_04-12
4 dudes crammed into a converted broom closet as a dorm. That's my "favorite" memory.
S
Schmoe
In the CCM in Peru, we had to be in the classroom for everything, even personal study and companionship study. It was a small complex surrounded by 20-foot walls with razor wire on the top. It really felt like your were in prison.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.