Archived Topic

2014 Schedule

by scott715 · 2/14/2012

Advertisement
M
Mars


Notre Dame?



Southern Utah?



UNLV?
C
Cougarbib
All whining aside, the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Indy schedules are as good as just about any we ever had. See Detmer's senior season which may have been as tough as 2013 and see how that turned out after starting 0-3 and having 2 or 3 ties and 1 more loss.



These schedules are fine. You will know they are too weak when we start going undefeated nearly every year. Until then - these B Good.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
I'm very curious as to who will be the first team, from the conference formally know as the MWC, to schedule BYU in football. My money would be on Air Force or UNLV. Air Force knows how much Bronco respects what they are about and I don't feel they hold the same animosity that the other MWC teams do for us leaving to be independent (or arrogant in their books). UNLV because they know it makes financial sense. I don't know about the others, what with the conference disolving into a new one.



I would guess that one of the last former MWC teams that BYU would ever schedule would be SDSU. There is still a lot of angst felt between the two over last season in FB and BB and their ass. AD (I googlled it and there are 3 acceptable ways to abreviate "assistant". The one I chose, and feel most fitting, is one of them) trying to undermine our chance to join the B12. For me as a fan, they can go pound salt. We were such a problem to them, then enjoy life without us.
J
jvquarterback
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm very curious as to who will be the first team, from the conference formally know as the MWC, to schedule BYU in football. My money would be on Air Force or UNLV. Air Force knows how much Bronco respects what they are about and I don't feel they hold the same animosity that the other MWC teams do for us leaving to be independent (or arrogant in their books). UNLV because they know it makes financial sense. I don't know about the others, what with the conference disolving into a new one.



I would guess that one of the last former MWC teams that BYU would ever schedule would be SDSU. There is still a lot of angst felt between the two over last season in FB and BB and their ass. AD (I googlled it and there are 3 acceptable ways to abreviate "assistant". The one I chose, and feel most fitting, is one of them) trying to undermine our chance to join the B12. For me as a fan, they can go pound salt. We were such a problem to them, then enjoy life without us.


I would prefer UNLV, Fresno St or SDSU for recruiting purposes. I think Nevada and Fresno might be more likely because they probably don't hold the same animosity never having competed in the same conference.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
jvquarterback wrote:
I would prefer UNLV, Fresno St or SDSU for recruiting purposes. I think Nevada and Fresno might be more likely because they probably don't hold the same animosity never having competed in the same conference.


I'm sure SDSU will soon take on the same mindset as Puktah in that now that they are a BCS team, they can't take the chance of losing to a non-BCS team, and therefore they cannot find a time or place on their schedule.
L
Lawboy
The BCS as we know it will end come 2014. That will give BSU and SDSU 1 year in a BCS league. No way that the Big East keeps their status, just not gonna happen.
E
EM_Puma
Lawboy wrote:
The BCS as we know it will end come 2014. That will give BSU and SDSU 1 year in a BCS league. No way that the Big East keeps their status, just not gonna happen.


Possibly so, but for them, I'd rather be a part of the Big East than whatever they will call the new conference they are leaving.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.