Archived Topic

WCC vs. MWC vs. Pac 12

by kjjson · 2/13/2012

Advertisement
K
kjjson
So in the latest bracketology http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology the comments section has had a lot of, "the top 3 in the Pac 12 would beat the top 3 of the WCC", and "BYU would be playing for 6th place in the MWC this year" type comments and rebuttals. While I know we have lost same games we shouldn't have (LMU, Utah State), I had to laugh when I saw New Mexico (3rd in the MWC) lost to Santa Clara. The same Santa Clara that hasn't won a game in the WCC this year (OK, now that I said that, BYU needs to take care of them on Sat.)



So where do you think BYU would be in the MWC/Pac?
S
scott715
3rd MWC 1st Pac12.
C
Cougarbib
BYU is about the 5-7th best team West of Denver.



UNLV

SDSU

SMC

Zags

BYU, CAL, or CSU come to mind as being close.



MWC 3RD, WCC 2nd or 3rd, PAC 1st or 2nd.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Cougarbib2 wrote:
BYU is about the 5-7th best team West of Denver.



UNLV

SDSU

SMC

Zags

BYU, CAL, or CSU come to mind as being close.



MWC 3RD, WCC 2nd or 3rd, PAC 1st or 2nd.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'd agree with this. There's some horrible ball being played in the Pac12 this year. Even Utah has gotten a couple of wins there.



No way we beat UNLV, but think we'd have a chance against SDSU and we could handle UNM. Colorado and TCU would play us tough, but we'd edge out those games.



Pac12? We'd be battling it out with Cal.



WCC...well it is what it is. That crapper of an effort against LMU is haunting us.
M
Mars
Going by sagarin and kenpom, BYU is 3rd best in the west. Unlv is better, with a new BYU head coach, and st. Marys is better this year, though we did beat them on a neutral court last season. Gonzaga has the better resume too at this point, but I have hope for a sweep. Cals resume is worse than ours. Sdsu and csu are paper tigers according to las Vegas and others.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
". . . TCU would play us tough, but we'd edge out those games. "



I've only seen TCU play once this year, but they were terrible. I don't see how they'd play us tough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
BYULV wrote:
". . . TCU would play us tough, but we'd edge out those games. "



I've only seen TCU play once this year, but they were terrible. I don't see how they'd play us tough.

I think in their last two games they've beaten Colorado State and UNLV.
B
BYULV
Mars wrote:
". . . TCU would play us tough, but we'd edge out those games. "



I've only seen TCU play once this year, but they were terrible. I don't see how they'd play us tough.

I think in their last two games they've beaten Colorado State and UNLV.


I missed that. In that case, I'm glad Dave Rice left or we might be losing to teams like TCU ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Anyone leaving LMU out of the discussion isn't paying attention. Since they got Hamilton back they have 3 major contributors that play as well as anyone: Viney, Ireland and Hamilton. They could make noise for 2nd/3rd place and definitely in the WCC tourney.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
BYULV wrote:
I missed that. In that case, I'm glad Dave Rice left or we might be losing to teams like TCU ;)

I was going to make a USU/LMU joke, but...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.