Archived Topic

SMC @ Zags

by EM_Puma · 2/9/2012

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm looking forward to seeing this game and see if the Zags can do something tonight we could not with SMC.



I'm glad the game is on ESPN. There have been a few games this season in the WCC that made me actually miss the MWC as there was no TV coverage for individuals living in Utah (LMU vs SMC game, among others). At least in the MWC its was unusual that conference games were not on one of the 3 MWC networks.



Am I overlooking anything as I would think we are pulling for SMC to win as the road to #2 in the WCC seems more plausible for BYU than SMC suddenly dismantling late in the season like last year and falling out of the top position in the WCC and even being left out of The Dance.
S
SpiffCoug
I want to see how much better the Zags play at home. I want to see the Zags struggle and areas that BYU can hopefully exploit on the road.



Agreed, we're pulling for SMC so we can control our own destiny when it comes 2nd place in the WCC.
G
Gunk
I watched the GU vs. Michigan State game and GU looked a lot like they did against us during that game. Also, there were moments of brilliance against ND and times where, again, they looked very unorganized and stagnate.



If Sacre decides to show up and Pangos takes care of the ball GU should win, but it will be close. I think SMC has the edge in this game.
E
EM_Puma
I can't remember if it was G. Wrubell that made the comment or ESPN when I watched the game later that I DVR'd, but someone said last week that the refs needed to better watch the Zags tendency to live in the paint and not be called for the 3-second penalty. I've been counting tonight, and it's simply incredible that the officials let them camp in the key. Has a lot to do with their increased abilty to rebound and I guess as long as they are given such latitude, then they're smart to take it.
B
byucougar1
Tale of Two Cities - Gonzaga by 14 at home over SMU. Which team is for real? Zags win gives us even more cred for our victory at home. However, if 13th ranked Gaels are the real deal, we will struggle beating Zags at home.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Looks we just became LMU fans



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
There are 4 teams that are capable of winning the WCC tournament. SMU, Zags, BYU and LMU. Right now LMU is looking very good winning on the road and the Zags look formidable at home - they humbled SMU to the point where they didn't even resemble an undefeated team.
B
byucougar1
LMU has to play SMU and Zags. We need them to knock those two teams off and win all of our remaining games to make the tourney interesting.
B
beauso79
But for the NCAA tournament it's probably better for our resume if Gonzaga doesn't lose any more games except to us of course



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
It is all in our hands, isn't it? If we pop the Zig Zags enroute to winning all of the rest of our games, we are in the dance, nationally ranked, at least tied for 2nd in conference, better if SMC melts down, free pass until the semi-finals and then when we win the tournament by beating SMC and the zig zags - we get a pretty decent seed coming off a lot of momentum.



Now - if only we were that good.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.