Archived Topic

New LES End Zone Video Boards!!

by Cougs_Rule · 2/6/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Sweet. Will they come with new operators who can run better replays? ;-)
B
billbillbillbill
Lets hope... Just curious that Greg Wrubell is breaking the info on Twitter. Seems he is a bit more tight lipped about announcements. Hopefully there is something official coming with details about LES & the Marriott Center.
B
byucougar1
Let's hope we don't get WCC refs for the FB games - replays could cause a near riot :-)
C
Cougs_Rule
Tom Holmoe was heard saying..................." I cannot confirm or deny new video boards. We have not currently been given a bid for the project."
C
CougarClaw
Rumorboard also speculating about some major MC upgrades too.



FWIW. BYU has some good connections with Cisco. Lots of BYU grads there. incidently, Cisco is also the company that wired all the electronic billboards at Jerry World, and also did the new Giants/jets stadium and the new Yankee stadium. Their stadium offerings are pretty impressive as is their resume. be interesting to see if BYU goes with more than just a few screens.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Upgrades a result of monies garnered with ESPN TV contract?
F
Florwood
How about they just have the boards playing the BYUTV camera work--has seemed better that what has been shown.
S
SpiffCoug
I hope everyone is aware that we're only going to see more advertisements with these new video boards and LED ribbons. People complain about the Autozone Red Zone and All State extra point.



Well now we're going to get the Les Olson Company Replays on the Vivint Big Scrren brought to by Maceys!
W
Wickchad
SpiffCoug wrote:
I hope everyone is aware that we're only going to see more advertisements with these new video boards and LED ribbons. People complain about the Autozone Red Zone and All State extra point.



Well now we're going to get the Les Olson Company Replays on the Vivint Big Scrren brought to by Maceys!


As long as the advertisements are on the gigantic screen and you can actually see the replay, I'll take the advertisements. Maybe with the new advertising money on the LED ribbon and jumbo tron they can take the Allstate logo off the field goal net.
G
Guest
Wickchad84087 wrote:
I hope everyone is aware that we're only going to see more advertisements with these new video boards and LED ribbons. People complain about the Autozone Red Zone and All State extra point.



Well now we're going to get the Les Olson Company Replays on the Vivint Big Scrren brought to by Maceys!


As long as the advertisements are on the gigantic screen and you can actually see the replay, I'll take the advertisements. Maybe with the new advertising money on the LED ribbon and jumbo tron they can take the Allstate logo off the field goal net.


The All State logo will never come off the net, and when it does in the future, it will be replaced with another logo.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe that should be remade to say, "the good feet people."
I
imuakahuku
AWESOME!!! I bet this means they are going to have the graphic arts students come up with a really good sing along version of "popcorn popping on the apricot tree". Boy I can't wait!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.