Archived Topic

Free Throws and WCC refs

by CougarClaw · 2/5/2012

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
53 FTA.





FIFTY THREE FREE THROWS. We scored 79 points. That's 67% of our overall total. WE made 38 of those freebies for nearly 50% of our total.



I didn't see the game which I'm kind of glad of since i missed the bucket-less hack-fest.



seriously though, there was a 28 point swing in free throws made. If Portland had beat us with that kind of charity stripe gift, I think I would have been livid (and they only managed to foul out 2 players!?)



I'm just beside myself, when I watched the Gonzaga game, there were all kinds of calls that went against both teams that I was just shocked at. For the most part I enjoy the WCC, but these refs could threaten to change that. Glad for the win, but 53 free throws in a single game? we could go 5 games in the MWC and not see that many.
B
BYULV
It was a hack fest, not the refs doing us any favors. It must have been portlands gameplan to muscle up the guys under the basket and let the chips fall. Luckily we were hitting free throws. It was sort of a modified Hack-a-Shaq gameplan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Sammich
I didn't notice it with everybody, but certainly with Noah. The stats say Noah took 7 shots, but he tried to take a lot more than that. In most cases he didn't even lift the ball over his head before 2 or 3 players had smacked him around and knocked the ball out of his hands.
E
EM_Puma
You know it's bad when the TV play-by man, Dave Mccann, mentions that we might want to have those MWC officials back. I'm not going that far as they were wretched, but interesting how difficult it is to get good officiating at this level of college basketball.
Q
Qman
I watched about half the game. I didn't see a lot of missed calls. Portland was out manned inside and they knew it. So they were super aggressive against Noah and often fouled him.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
EM_Puma wrote:
You know it's bad when the TV play-by man, Dave Mccann, mentions that we might want to have those MWC officials back. I'm not going that far as they were wretched, but interesting how difficult it is to get good officiating at this level of college basketball.


I would gladly take MWC refs. Just because we play in high school gyms doesn't mean we have to endure high school refs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.