Archived Topic

2013 DE Robert Nkemdiche

by scott715 · 2/5/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Nice!
B
byucougar1
Is he LDS? If not, is Lenny Gomes his coach - what is the connection?
S
scott715
Not LDS. Rumor is that he lived with Lenny for a time.
B
byucougar1
Nkemdiche lived with assistant coach Lenny Gomes (Gregory) for 2 years. He also said he doesn't have a favorite college at this point, although he's most interested in Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oregon. He attended games at Alabama and Georgia this past season and attended the Crimson Tide's Junior Day this past weekend. Note: he doesn't have BYU listed as one of his teams. Nkemdiche will sign with the college of his choice on Feb. 6, 2013.



However, the criteria that he will use to select the school seem to fit our school rather well. He noted:



"When I look at schools, I start with the coaches and how they discipline their kids," Nkemdiche said. "Then I go to the players and how I interact with them, and then I look at how early I can play."



Hopefully Nick Howell can get on this kid's radar and let him know about Bronco and our band of brothers.



Here is the article:



http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7535392/colleges-already-line-2013-top-football-prospect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
B
beauso79
byucougar1 wrote:



However, the criteria that he will use to select the school seem to fit our school rather well. He noted:



"When I look at schools, I start with the coaches and how they discipline their kids," Nkemdiche said. "Then I go to the players and how I interact with them, and then I look at how early I can play."





Here is the article:



http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7535392/colleges-already-line-2013-top-football-prospect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


In the Bronco system "how early he can play" would probably prevent him from coming to BYU, which annoys me.
S
SpiffCoug
BYU's defense is littered with guys who have played early in their careers. Especially on the defensive line. Here are just a few recent defensive players to see extensive time as freshmen:

Matangi Tonga

Ian Dulan

Russell Tialavea

Ethan Manumaleuna

Kyle Van Noy

Craig Bills
S
scott715
Especially on the DL. Next year is a prime time to come in and start with all of our seniors. Don't we lose all 3 starters? Maybe all of the 2nd team too.
B
beauso79
Good luck..........this kid has every reason not to come to BYU. Holding an offer for him wouldn't make a lot of sense



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
Y
Y12
BYU should be near the top of the "how early I can play" category.



Have you seen how many seniors are in the 2-deep along the D line? Bronco has been very open about needing guys.



You think he can go to Alabama, et al. and start right away? They have all kinds of 5 star d linemen in the program.



After Fangupo gets drafted, Bronco can say, "Look what I did with this guy in one year. Give me three with you and you will be a first rounder. We are losing a lot of bodies this year. If you come in and work hard, you will be a starter from day one. ..."



He can go on about the "awesome" 2013 scheudle, how he will play on national TV almost all the time.
S
stuckinrexburg
I'm from Georgia and I don't want to get your hopes up, so I might as well bring them down now while you still think you have a chance... it's not going to happen. lols
Y
Y12
stuckinrexburg wrote:
I'm from Georgia and I don't want to get your hopes up, so I might as well bring them down now while you still think you have a chance... it's not going to happen. lols


Why do you think he is backing off his May 18 deadline to select a school?



He is liking BYU. He wants to see BYU play in Atlanta this year before ruling us out. :crazy:



Don't worry. I don't have any hopes to get up in this respect.
S
scott715
Chose Clemson.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.