Archived Topic

Where is Sawyer Powell? Did he sign?

by JUSTBYU · 2/2/2012

Advertisement
J
JUSTBYU
What happened with Sawyer Powell? Late signee? Went somewhere else?
J
jvquarterback
Already enrolled. He's greyshirting. So no LOI to sign.
J
JUSTBYU
Ok, good. I think he will be a good one. He still should have had some kind of mention. Isn't

Taysom Hill already enrolled as well, and he was mentioned.
D
Ddawg
Whew! He will be solid. I believe a real contributor.
C
Cougarbib
JUSTBYU wrote:
Ok, good. I think he will be a good one. He still should have had some kind of mention. Isn't

Taysom Hill already enrolled as well, and he was mentioned.


Grey Shirt means no scholarship at this point and as I understand it, the student takes less than 12 units, thus is not full-time, and the eligibility clock is not yet ticking. In other words, they still will have 5 years to play 4 years. In more other words, if he is a hot prospect, grey shirting is a strange arrangement unless he is very young and undersized or something like that. It is usually the approach for a long-shot candidate. I have concluded all of this from very limited experience where one of my relatives was asked to grey shirt.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Grey shirting also entails paying your own way.
J
jvquarterback
Word on the street is he's leaving on his mission after this semester. Schollie when he gets back. Same with Jake Arslanian. I found the newspaper article for Jake, but no official word on Powell.
L
Lawboy
Sounds like BYU has finally learned to use the system like the big boys do. Two grayshirts who may get future schollies? Interesting. I guess we have Dulan and Tialavea both 1 and dones for 2012, along with others, but not many seniors on the 2012 roster.
G
golong
I've looked and found nothing about Fanaika, did he sign somewhere? it wasn't BYU or Utah. Odd there was no mention of him anywhere.
L
Lawboy
golong wrote:
I've looked and found nothing about Fanaika, did he sign somewhere? it wasn't BYU or Utah. Odd there was no mention of him anywhere.


He stuck with Stanford. His late stunt was simply so he could put 4 hats on a table, then pick Stanford anyway. It was a bush league move. HE never wavered, just wanted some fake drama for himself.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Also trying to get a spot for his brother use is coming off a mission and was at USU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.