The WAC has picked us for 4th place. I think they will be for a surprise this year. I wonder where they will be playing next year. I think the WAC was just for one year.
S
scott715
Opening game today. They lost 22-5 to Oregon St. Hope they do better in the next game and that this was just a fluke.
S
scott715
Beat #15 Texas A&M 3-2 to go 1-1 on the early season. Good to see after the last game. I was getting a little worried on the season.
S
scott715
Lost to Texas St. yesterdayt and then beat #11 Oregon today and UCSB too.
S
scott715
Went 3-1 at this weekends tournament. Lost to Depaul in the last game. Record is now 7-3.
Advertisement
S
scott715
http://wacsoftball.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a source on news. Here are the WAC standings
2012 standings
Hawai'i 0-0, 12-0
New Mexico St. 0-0, 9-2
Fresno State 0-0, 7-2
BYU 0-0, 7-3
Utah State 0-0, 5-6
Louisiana Tech 0-0, 3-5
Nevada 0-0, 3-7
San Jose St. 0-0, 3-7
Hawaii ranked #27
New Mexico St #33
BYU #37
Should be a good race.
M
Mars
Fresno State has a recent national championship (I think)...
Went 2-3 at the Cathedral City Classic, with the losses to ranked teams. At San Diego Classic this weekend. Lost to SDSU 1-0 in the 8th inning yesterday. Won both games today. Season record is 11-7.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Won 2 more games today.
S
scott715
Opened WAC play and swept 3 games from defending champion NMSU. Our home win streak is now 25 games. Hawaii is the top team ranked #17.
S
scott715
Took two games yesterday against UMKC, 8-2 and 16-1. I think next is a trip to Fresno St.
M
Mars
Pacific has a women's softball team. Meaning that if BYU is still in the WCC in 2013-14, the conference will have enough schools to offically add the sport.
Bottom right, Willard is mentioned as POY candidate.
Delaney Willard, BYU
Stock up: Well, look which team is leading the WAC. New member BYU opened conference play with a convincing sweep of New Mexico State thanks in large part to Willard. BYU's cleanup hitter totaled three home runs in three games against the Aggies and led her team with a 1.039 slugging percentage and .585 on-base percentage through its first 27 games