M
MarsArchived Topic
Matt Bauman Transferring to Stanford
by Mars · 11/5/2009
Advertisement
B
BroncoBotM
Marsdeclocoug wrote:
That's a jacked up topic Mars.
8-)
C
cachevalleycougarWouldn't be the worst thing in the world...
W
WickchadCan we send him now?
Advertisement
G
GuestThe kid is definitely smart... much like Fowler. I like him a lot, wish he were 2nd string behind a much faster guy :D
S
SammichFrom Coach Tidwell:
Not a very well-constructed sentence; my first reading was that Bauman was both smart in the classroom (but can't bring it to football) and not smart in the classroom. I'm sure I'd speak just as poorly when being interviewed, but I expect a journalist to recognize when to use a direct quote and when to at least paraphrase or break the quote up in a way that it makes better sense. Unless he's trying to make Coach Tidwell look stupid?
"Some [football players] are smart in the classroom but can't bring it to football," BYU linebackers coach Paul Tidwell said. "Then there are football players who aren't smart in the classroom. Matt's both.
Not a very well-constructed sentence; my first reading was that Bauman was both smart in the classroom (but can't bring it to football) and not smart in the classroom. I'm sure I'd speak just as poorly when being interviewed, but I expect a journalist to recognize when to use a direct quote and when to at least paraphrase or break the quote up in a way that it makes better sense. Unless he's trying to make Coach Tidwell look stupid?
S
scott715Nope it just the writer that looks like he needs some schooling.
H
HoosierCougarSammich wrote:
From Coach Tidwell:"Some [football players] are smart in the classroom but can't bring it to football," BYU linebackers coach Paul Tidwell said. "Then there are football players who aren't smart in the classroom. Matt's both.
Not a very well-constructed sentence; my first reading was that Bauman was both smart in the classroom (but can't bring it to football) and not smart in the classroom. I'm sure I'd speak just as poorly when being interviewed, but I expect a journalist to recognize when to use a direct quote and when to at least paraphrase or break the quote up in a way that it makes better sense. Unless he's trying to make Coach Tidwell look stupid?
I read it exactly the same way... I know intuitively what Tidwell meant, but the construction made me laugh: Bauman isn't smart either place.
S
SchmoeWickchad84087 wrote:
Can we send him now?
[Insert emoticon of cougar looking confused here]
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

